Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member

Here are a list if schools that International Academy of Design and Technology - Toronto are affiliated with: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...and_Technology
Old 01-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member

Very well done Clun! The renderings look very good. The design is a bit conservative though!

How many people were originally in your class (i.e. how many failed)? Why did they fail in your opinion? And how would you rate AAU compared to Art Center and CCS?
Old 01-05-2008, 09:17 PM
CSS Veteran

Very interesting work, preety good...is that charcol or pastel on the bumper of the vehicle?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member

The bumper of the car is all warm gray copics. I sell a lot of mistakes once I took pictures of them. When they were on the wall you don't see a lot of it.

As far as failure rate, we originally had a total of 40 kids in two classes. 14 of our class failed or dropped out, 16 of the other class dropped. As far level of our school, AAU is pretty on par with CCS and Art Center especially of recent years. AAU has spent a lot of money in obtaining professionals with a background in automotive design in teaching our curriculum as well as being extremely strict with the level at which we are to achieve before we pass each class.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClunBB9 View Post
The bumper of the car is all warm gray copics. I sell a lot of mistakes once I took pictures of them. When they were on the wall you don't see a lot of it.

As far as failure rate, we originally had a total of 40 kids in two classes. 14 of our class failed or dropped out, 16 of the other class dropped. As far level of our school, AAU is pretty on par with CCS and Art Center especially of recent years. AAU has spent a lot of money in obtaining professionals with a background in automotive design in teaching our curriculum as well as being extremely strict with the level at which we are to achieve before we pass each class.
I see, so how can one fail a class? in other words how do they measure wether you're good enough or not to pass?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:33 AM
CSS Oldtimer

great drawings, and i admire your technique. it may not be appropriate for me to give advice since you're undoubtedly a better artist than i am, but i think it'd help if you left more white/blank areas on your renders for highlights. otherwise, great job!

i think AAU has a lower tuition than ACCD don't they? i need to go check their site again...
Old 01-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member

The passing of the class is based on what the decision that the assistant department head, department head as well as the professor makes after the final presentation that each student does at the end of every semister. If the quality of sketches as well as work is decent enough for the next class, then the student passes.

I believe AAU is cheaper than CCS or Art Center, but the cost of living here in SF is much more than LA so it equals out in a sense.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:49 AM
Veteran Member

Rendering 1 of 10 for hw over winterbreak. Corvette ZR1

Old 01-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Administrator

hey check your PMs

Old 01-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Veteran Member

Nice work Clunn! That Vette is stunning! It's all markers I bet, dang I suck at markers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMiNo View Post
hey check your PMs
Who's "your" ?