o, please swizzle, ...
Working for PSA now are you?
Old 04-06-2016, 09:14 PM
CSS Oldtimer

drugmirko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Working for PSA now are you?
nope... just stating acctual long term user experience... and how about you? managed to see a PSA model in preson yet? at least across the street in passing?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:45 AM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugmirko View Post
nope... just stating acctual long term user experience... and how about you? managed to see a PSA model in preson yet? at least across the street in passing?
Literally nothing PSA produces is visually pleasing enough for me to even want to see one in person.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:03 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Literally nothing PSA produces is visually pleasing enough for me to even want to see one in person.
so... basically what you are saying is that all you know about level of their quality, reliability and durability is based on your dislike of their visual appearance... a benchmark and a half! :)
Old 04-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
so... basically what you are saying is that all you know about level of their quality, reliability and durability is based on your dislike of their visual appearance... a benchmark and a half! :)
And reports from Europeans that PSA's quality seriously lags Toyota...
Old 04-10-2016, 11:00 AM
CSS Oldtimer

true... and some others too...
but not, or better, they don't lag those of Chevrolet, Mitsubishi, VW, Kia, Opel, Ford, Mini, Seat, Hyundai.... which just means that they are what I claim they are: as average crap as next mainstream brand you can find on markets where they are sold...

and since they produce a bunch of models together with Toyota (A segment triplets and complete cargo/travel vans program) on the same assembly lines the "quality gap" isn't so "proverbial"... because common models are not so drastically worse than "true" Toyota models.

my point is that, if they really return to US market, build quality and reliability are not their main problems... their real problems in this case would be dealer&service network and "preferences&taste" of US buyers. cause for now, they simply don't have a thing in their palette that would suit americans in terms of engines, gearboxes and vehicle type!
but this might change in next few years... we all heard they are planning a proper pick up (most likely Toyota based) but recently I read they are recruiting technicians to adapt and develop engines for longitudinal mounting position... which means completely different kind of models to what they produce now.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

boston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
t
my point is that, if they really return to US market, build quality and reliability are not their main problems... their real problems in this case would be dealer&service network and "preferences&taste" of US buyers. cause for now, they simply don't have a thing in their palette that would suit americans in terms of engines, gearboxes and vehicle type!.
Good point.

I've often wished we could see sales by state/region in this country. I swear many of the brands like VW (cough cough) survive only in certain areas of the country. Selling in New England if you are Subaru is easy.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:24 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

I'll admit I'm too lazy to read the previous threads. Hopefully, this provide some new info:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...north-america/

For us Americans, here's a primer on Peugeot's lineup:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g2...uv-french-usa/
Old 02-27-2019, 03:52 AM
Raconteur

The French have a nasty reputation for poor quality and a long track record of ugly cars. PSA will have to have better than-Toyota quality and reliability to have a chance at been seen as nearly as good. They will have to be value priced like a Hyundai and a 10/100 warranty would be a good thing. But just as no one wants Fiat/Alfa-Romeo/Maserati, the same will be true of the French.

But wait, here's something...

With GM floundering it makes you wonder whether someone will just acquire them. PSA? Or PSA acquires FCA???
Old 02-27-2019, 01:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
PSA will have to have better than-Toyota quality and reliability to have a chance at been seen as nearly as good. They will have to be value priced like a Hyundai and a 10/100 warranty
Ironically, you've just described Hyundai and Kia.