currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2019, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough
Default Tesla announcement 2pm PST

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/28/tech/...ent/index.html

https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/28/te...-announcement/

Something new coming? sales of all models are currently halted.

edit, so it's the news of the $35K(35,900) model and the ability to finally order it. 2-4 weeks delivery time, more expensive models are within 2 weeks. Wonder if more people will begin ordering the cheaper model.

Last edited by Ascariss; 02-28-2019 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:46 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

And you can only buy one on-line now, right?
Old 03-01-2019, 01:53 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Looks like it's an online only model. Makes sense...that's how most of their cars are ordered now (that's how I got mine).

Glad they introduced the $35K version finally; there are some aspects of the $35K that I like (getting rid of the wood trim across the dash to replace w/ a flat black one) being a key one. The conspiracy theorist in me says they introduced the $35K version now as they're reportedly about to introduce the Model Y...so it's pretty tough to say 'hey folks who've wanted a $35K car - and put $$ down 3 years ago - we have the Model Y now and it'll start at $XX'... Hopefully Tesla learned from this for when they intro Model Y.

**side bar** - had they introduced Model 3 as a $59K car - THEN came out w/ a $35K version - that would have been (PR wise) MUCH smart - probably would have calmed the share prices somewhat as well**

RE: The closing of the 'showroom' stores in the malls...I think that's a good idea as well. I've seen this tactic used by Genesis and BMW - there are NEVER people in their. I was at the airport checking out the Genesis showroom store there (which btw - the Genesis is a BEAUTIFUL car - WELL worthy of car of the year) - and there was nobody in it - the person working was bored. Similarly, the Tesla ones had people in there - but it felt like people just wanting to sit in the car - that was it. The rents in the malls for these locations must have been astronomical!!!