There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2020, 07:54 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Oh Burlapp has been around for years. He tends to get a bad rap on here, rightfully so, for inaccuracies and posting a lot of less than reliable info along with posts that seem to lack an understanding of the industry. He also never credits his sources so he comes off as just stealing info from others. That said, I still follow it because he does have intel on occasion first that ends up planning out. Follow KCB pretty well too, based on all of the info posted about Hyundai/Kia.
Oh I agree about much you say about Burlapp, though I'd say that much of his bad rep is from his early years, where he posted a lot of low quality pics and renders (let'S say some done in MS paint), but it does seem that in the last couple of years the quality oh his content has increased a lot, and even if he does not name his sources (still), many pics seem to pop up at his page firts; ALso he seems to attend quite a lot of press events and, as you point out, have quite some insider info occasionally, so I guess it must be some motor journalist in the back ground;

The retro charm of the page is something I like by now (probably retro is the wrong word, it just unchanged in design since 15 years or so ;)

Back to the Hyundai: Apart form the screen size (which is still not dramatic, but it doesn't need to be IMO) the center stack look like something Ford would have chosen in an early 2010s car, the capacitive buttons and shiny black plastic everywhere are something they have (thankfully) mostly given up, and I haven't been a fan of when I had that in a rental Fusion. Capacitive buttons tend to combine the worst of two worlds (cluttered looks of too many buttons and no haptic feedback like a touchscreen, with the same "you have to look and probably hit twice while driving")

It'S a shame, because the rest - especially the door trim, something many car makers cheap out nowadays - seems high quality and nicely designed.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:12 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Teaser pics. No surprises. The integrated grille/headlights are neat, but there's something vaguely dated about the pattern in those elements. The wheels look like they belong on an EV (I don't mean that as a compliment).

There's also an interior sketch that matches the spy pics.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...tucson-teaser/
Old 09-03-2020, 07:47 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

The thick chrome element, the general stance and the "claw" lights given me a bit of a Peugeot 3008 vibe from that angle; Not that it#s bad, the Peugeot is a stylish car, iguess this will cater a different taste than the more truck like RAV-4 or Bronco SPort.

The interrior in the sketch looks great, very modern, and it is funny, as below C&D have an article with a pic of the new S CLass interior, and they do look not that different, with the massive screen as a dominating element on the center console, the thin air vents above and the second iPad in front of the driver...WHich is a compliment for Tucson, not sure how this tech focus will however age the Merc'S interior, once 20k cars have the same setup, just probably with fresher software running on it....
Old 09-03-2020, 02:05 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

I'm cautiously optimistic about this after the concept, the mostly revealing spy shots, and now these teasers. The biggest negative is if the interior is all touch capacitive like the spy shots and these sketches suggest. Here's hoping that much like the U.S. K5, physical buttons show up as well.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Interior is exceptional. I like the back end...just that face. Yuck,
Old 09-04-2020, 12:41 PM

ndjan is on a distinguished road

The front end looks a lot like the EQC
Old 09-04-2020, 01:32 PM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

Love love love that front end. Super distinctive and well proportioned. Looks extremely close to the concept.

But that rear... the lights are overwrought and too bulky. Doesn't have the same detail treatment as the headlamps. Like they got too tall where the concept exaggerated the stretched/wide look of it all. Also looked more uni-form, like a Porsche taillight.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:24 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

I didn't realize this was debuting tomorrow! (Sept. 14th at 5:30PM PST)

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/us/en/vehicles/2022-tucson
Old 09-15-2020, 12:48 AM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

less than an hour to go to the debut