There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2020, 09:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
What's stopping them from pricing it closer to the old one? Low to mid 30s vs 40s.

[snip]

spreading attention to the rest of their lineup, which has undergone/is undergoing a pretty radical replacement.
I had actually said in an earlier post that it would be interesting to see what the pricing on this is.

The Mustang and Camaro are around $30-40K. I imagine they offer a more modern chassis (and equal, if not superior, performance). I don't think they sell like hotcakes, but they sell enough to justify their existence (for now). I don't really see there being any pent-up demand for the 370Z.

As far as the rest of Nissan's lineup.... Aside from the Ariya, the cars and SUV may look radically different (except for the Rogue), but the reviews are still quite middling.

I appreciate the Nissan keeps the car alive. But I don't think it will do anything for their long-term survival.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:09 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
I appreciate the Nissan keeps the car alive. But I don't think it will do anything for their long-term survival.
I agree; I'd even say that whilst coupes might evoque great response here on the forum, as a halo car, it#s not that relevant anymore, and in this special case, it is visually somewhere not really retro, not really all out wild like the Supra; Given especially that this is a reskin of an essentially 10 year old car, I'll say it is nice to have it around, but I think it will have very little impact on the brand as a whole (and that not only because it will not be sold in EUrope and probably some other markets as well)
Old 09-23-2020, 04:00 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

If toyota can control the price of the GR86/BRZ, they will cut through this like a hot katana thorough a frozen turd.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:05 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Royal Guard View Post
If toyota can control the price of the GR86/BRZ, they will cut through this like a hot katana thorough a frozen turd.
I think even if TOyota adds a turbo to the engine (which, If we believe rumors, is likely), I think it will be placed below the Z-car as it has also to slot below the Supra. WHilst it will likely be a sportier car (the Z is probably still rather heavy, given it#S a reskin), the"HP number only" people might not see it as an alternative...