Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Looks same quality as anything from Germany. Hyundai/Kia are actually good at building cars, but what a waste of talent to build such cr*p for the German-brainwashed consumers.
Yes, Hyundai is only building cars for people who are brainwashed into buying German cars. That's the kind of amazing reasoning that we rely on you for.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Yes, Hyundai is only building cars for people who are brainwashed into buying German cars. That's the kind of amazing reasoning that we rely on you for.
Not buying German cars, buying the sh*t trend set by Germans.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Not buying German cars, buying the sh*t trend set by Germans.
The Germans are taking dumps in a trendy way? When will wonders ever cease with them?
Old 09-11-2018, 08:58 AM
CSS Veteran

Saw one of these on the freeway today (didn't know they were already available to purchase). It's an interesting car.... It's VERY nondescript on the outside, and the styling looks like some sort of mashup btw Honda and Mazda. Honestly, this looks more like what the Honda Pilot should've been then does... the actual Pilot. There's something about it very reminiscent of a bigger, less awkward CR-V. And the panel gaps seem very, VERY tight (although to say at moderate freeway speeds). Seems kind of short for a 3-row SUV. Can't say that it looks expensive, but there's something about the panel fit that whispers relatively high quality.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:03 PM
Raconteur

I happen to find it very handsome and arguably the best looking in its size segment.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Seems kind of short for a 3-row SUV.
That part is definitely intentional, so that it doesn't encroach upon the upcoming Palisade. Remember this takes the place of the Santa Fe Sport more than it does the larger last-gen Santa Fe, given that that's what the Palisade will do.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:13 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
That part is definitely intentional, so that it doesn't encroach upon the upcoming Palisade. Remember this takes the place of the Santa Fe Sport more than it does the larger last-gen Santa Fe, given that that's what the Palisade will do.
Ah, makes sense then.

I do wonder, though, how many 3 passenger SUVs a single brand needs....

Not sure if this competes in the same space as a Tiguan (the Santa Fe certainly looked longer and taller), but I think the Santa Fe looks better and more expensive. The intense red color was certainly very eye-catching (and very Mazda-esque).
Old 09-11-2018, 06:40 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Ah, makes sense then.

I do wonder, though, how many 3 passenger SUVs a single brand needs....

Not sure if this competes in the same space as a Tiguan (the Santa Fe certainly looked longer and taller), but I think the Santa Fe looks better and more expensive.
Two seems to be Hyundai/Kia's new limit, as they're doing a similar thing with the Sorento and the Telluride.

I'd say Tiguan is still in Tucson territory, which is expected to grow somewhat in its next generation so that there's more room between it and the Kona. Once the next-gen Tucson arrives, I think the aim is to have an even (or a somewhat more even) size distribution across the board (Kona < Tucson < Santa Fe < Palisade).