Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:06 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Dear me! I have found a new LEAST favourite car in the world. Hummer H3, move over, this is even worse!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to mtema99 Send a message via MSN to mtema99 Send a message via Yahoo to mtema99

is it only me that see it 'll sell alot

and even i like it but i hate the rear end lights
Old 11-02-2008, 07:27 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtema99 View Post
is it only me that see it 'll sell alot

and even i like it but i hate the rear end lights

The answer is a resounding maybe. Toyota will be introducing this at a very rough time in the auto markets, and Lexus is doing pretty badly, especially compared to their competitors. (RX sales, for example, were down 38% last month) With people being more conscious about pricing, and searching for the best deal, Lexus may have a hard time moving these.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:30 AM
CSS Oldtimer

As mentioned by alot of people, this looks too much like a Toyota then a Lexus.

The belt line down the side looks like something from the current Avalon or MarkX Zio but not Lexus. They should have made it more like the IS. Maybe if it did not have that gap between the bottom of the side windows and the buldged part it might have been more Lexus like. For that to happen they would have either had to raise the beltline to the window which would have changed the location of the rear lights. Or make the windows finish at the beltline making the windows looks bigger (height wise).

The interior is nuthing like a Lexus. To much like a Toyota. I dont know what they were thinking. They were able to make the ES, LX more Lexus like in the interior design but they couldnt with this.

I know this isnt the reason but i would have liked to think that MAYBE Lexus were actually planning to make all their SUVs of a new RWD based AWD platform and were still developing it so they decided to give new sheetmetal to the RX but more of it remained similar and similarly with the LX instead giving it a totally different design to the LC200 just change the front, interior and back to save costs. Then in 4-5years they replace these two with the new SUVs which are no longer Toyota based, with the LX being based on a longer, wider RX platform which a baby SUV being a shorter RX platform. But all using Lexus sedans V6s and V8s. NEVER going to happen but i can only dream.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:25 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlair View Post
The answer is a resounding maybe. Toyota will be introducing this at a very rough time in the auto markets, and Lexus is doing pretty badly, especially compared to their competitors. (RX sales, for example, were down 38% last month) With people being more conscious about pricing, and searching for the best deal, Lexus may have a hard time moving these.
I think one of the reasons the new RX looks like a bloated raised saloon instead of a proper SUV proportioned vehicle is, perhaps, because they assumed it would fair better sales-wise if they could make it seem more car-based. Dunno, it might just be me on this one. Yet it still looks butt ugly, with the only thing nice about the exterior being the headlights which, again, look very similar to the new Prius items. Give me an ML anytime over this blob

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 11-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

The X5 and Q7 look way better as well.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

I think the back looks like the new Subaru Impresa (which is not nice looking), the interior looks like they have been spending to much time inside the New Hondas, and generaly, it looks the same thing, which is a VW formula (see Golf).
It looks like a facelift, why doesn't toyota just do that instead of spending money in a whole new car that looks almost the same?
My opinion, its even uglier than the current one, and doesn't even look like an SUV its more like a van with big wheels.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
I agree. Lexus should have made the entire RX line hybrid powered with significant MPG gains as opposed to bloating an already bloated design that itself was a bloat of the original RX. Had Lexus retained the daring styling of the concept, pulled some weight out of the vehicle, and set it up for MPG gains, they would have insulated themselves.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:32 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
RX, model that is 5.5 years old and is going to be replaced in 3 months from now, sold more than X3, X5 and X6 together in September 2008, worst month of its sales in history...

So anyone who thinks that RX should copy "sucessful" X5, is just being funny :-).

As to the RX450h, I will guess it will probably be more efficient than current RX400h, with 50-100hp more... sounds good to me.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Nobody said the new RX should have been a blatant copy of the X5 but I think we could all agree this new gen is not exactly a styling hit. I'd say more of a miss. But it will sell no matter what, it's a Lexus, it's reliable as an atomic bunker and it will no doubt be techonologically advanced. The interior is sensational as well (at least IMO) but the exterior is such a let down. I expected smth a lot better.
Closed Thread