Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2008, 06:10 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Well, I respect the Prado very much for its offroad abilities, and for having a refined engine that works well. Of course, Toyota will screw it up soon like tey did with the LC200 and the Hilux, but the current Prado is quite a respectable vehicle.

I'll try to remember the difference between an EL and an EF.

I'm glad you didn't ACTUALLY think your E-something was better than a Prado offroad. You never know what people genuinely think at Ford fan clubs. Or any fan club.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:25 AM

now come on fresia first of all do some research stuff than talk about the unibody and seperate frame constructions i think u must have seen my posts regarding prado 2009 you will see in the upcoming future prado will have to be uni body inorder to lower the center of gravity u could never deny the laws of physics
Old 11-04-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfresa View Post
Well, I respect the Prado very much for its offroad abilities, and for having a refined engine that works well. Of course, Toyota will screw it up soon like tey did with the LC200 and the Hilux, but the current Prado is quite a respectable vehicle.

I'll try to remember the difference between an EL and an EF.

I'm glad you didn't ACTUALLY think your E-something was better than a Prado offroad. You never know what people genuinely think at Ford fan clubs. Or any fan club.
You have all the time been saying pajero is worse than prado ? Infact, it is better in almost in all areas. The body constuction provides more stability on on/offroad. It is not ladder frame like in Toyota. That makes Pajero as well a lot safer, ladder frame is in everything basicly worse.

2009 Pajero will have 200hp 3,2 DI-D diesel and 441Nm torque. Wich is clearly more than prados 173hp. Pajero is allowed to tow 3500kg wich is a lot more than pradods ridiculous 2800kg(+ 700kg). Pajeros 4wd system is great, real air locker on rear and locker on center. Prado has only center locekr. Traction control. Pajeros SS4-II also offers 2wd mode for better fuel economy, wich prado either doesnt have. Pajero also looks quiite much better than the toyota. Pajeros 4wd system is in many many ways ahead of toyotas. Pajero as well is better in accessiores, and equipment, like the fantatic prerium sound system, wich prado doesnt either have in any model in the range. Antirolbars unconnected Pajeros articulation is 550mm, wich is good, remember that new LC200 has 620mm, only 7 cm more ! So pajero and prado has basicly same articulation as stock. Pajero has more ground clearance, angels are almost same.

And if you forgot, the lates Prado is copy of 2gen pajero, to make toyota succeed in the market. They were for long time selling worse than mitsu, then they made same kind of car (basicly exaclty same stucture like in gen2 pajero), and they started succeed as well.

You are blaming pajero worse than prado, whitout knowing anything about it ? You didnt even know what kind of frame construction it has ! You are just a normal toyota fanatic, wich really doesnt want to belive that other manufacturers have great models as well.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Sweet, I can now be acused of being a Toyota fanatic.

LOL.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:57 AM
CSS Oldtimer

The Prado is coming to 6years old and in that time it didnt have any real updates (except for the new diesel) in that time. While the Pajero has gone through 4 or so facelifts in that time, so youd expect it to be more advanced. We'll see what the all-new Prado is like next year, hopefully engines and the lot get changed. Never know it might have a 3.0l V6 twin turbo with 240hp and 500Nms. As for equipment considering it hasnt really changed in 6years means it isnt going to match the Pajero. Again next year that will likely all change.

Personally i believe that the Pajero is not only targetting the Prado however it is also targetting the LC200 (except the fact it doesnt use V8s). That is why it might be more advanced then the Prado in offroad abilities etc. My guess is that the next Prado will match the LC200 in offroading but surely they will aim to better the Pajero as thats what competitors should aim to do.

I must say though, it the Pajero can do with the ladden frame and better the Prado offroading then why is Toyota sticking with it for the LC200/Prado. If they used a similar frame as the Pajero, then made they could save alot of weight and have proper fold flat 3rd seats (if this frame can allow that). Is will alot be alot better on road which both LCs suck at no matter what they do to try improve them (well the new LC200/LX570)
Old 11-05-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio14 View Post
The Prado is coming to 6years old and in that time it didnt have any real updates (except for the new diesel) in that time. While the Pajero has gone through 4 or so facelifts in that time, so youd expect it to be more advanced. We'll see what the all-new Prado is like next year, hopefully engines and the lot get changed. Never know it might have a 3.0l V6 twin turbo with 240hp and 500Nms. As for equipment considering it hasnt really changed in 6years means it isnt going to match the Pajero. Again next year that will likely all change.

Personally i believe that the Pajero is not only targetting the Prado however it is also targetting the LC200 (except the fact it doesnt use V8s). That is why it might be more advanced then the Prado in offroad abilities etc. My guess is that the next Prado will match the LC200 in offroading but surely they will aim to better the Pajero as thats what competitors should aim to do.

I must say though, it the Pajero can do with the ladden frame and better the Prado offroading then why is Toyota sticking with it for the LC200/Prado. If they used a similar frame as the Pajero, then made they could save alot of weight and have proper fold flat 3rd seats (if this frame can allow that). Is will alot be alot better on road which both LCs suck at no matter what they do to try improve them (well the new LC200/LX570)
4 facelifts ? Gen 3 pajero came out 1999, it was about 4 years earlier than the toyota. And it got one facelift. Then came 4th gen pajero wich gets little update for next year. So one facelift, and one new model. Prado have got updates all the time as well, like the engine. Next Pajero is as well under deveploment, probably it will as well have 3 litre V6 twin turbo, but I bet this will come in 2010.

Yes you are right that is their target possibly, and Mitsubishis target is of course make better than prado, but so what ? Toyota always comes after others in new technologies. Like the front diff developed by Mitsubishi, wich made auto-freehubs unnecessary. Mitsubishi debuted their in 1991, it came in toyota hilux in 2006, well it took 15 years, but they as well noticed that it is better. Toyota will probably move in monoque body as well. Have you tought why Mitsubishi wloud be sticking whit the monoque body, IF the ladder is better ? :) It weights, makes center of gravity worse, which makes handling worse, stability worse on offroad, it makes saftey worse, especially for other cars. Put in youtube, Honda Civic vs 4x4, and you see what ladder frame causes, that is reason why new Pajero/D3 either doesnt have it. And monogue is as well better for the 4x4's saftey, Pajero's euroncap target/level is 4 stars, same as in discovery 3.

No Superfresa, but you were all the time saying that Prado is better in everything, whitout putting any real facts. ;)
Old 11-05-2008, 11:59 PM
CSS Oldtimer

To me the 4th gen, looked like more of a facelift to me thats. And year i didnt take into account that the Pajero came out in 1999 (I meant 4 facelifts since 99, however it is more like 2 facelifts (including next years one) and a redesign).

Yeah im expecting a V6 turbo diesel from Mitsubishi considering their Dakar car got one. If its any good as that one then its going to be better then the 4.5l V8 TT diesel in the LC200 when it comes to power and torque (close enough) and considering its got 1.5l less and 2 cylinders less that is excellent. Those kind of numbers (being 190ish Kws and 650ish Nms if i remember correctly) will make any Prado diesel look bad especially if the 4.5L remains at 195kw/640Nm.

I would be dissappointed if Toyota didnt follow Pajero with the monocoque frame, it definetily sounds alot better then the body-on-frame. I have a feeling they will not though considering the LC200 stuck to it.

My question is, how come the Pajero is alot cheaper then the Prado, its always around 6grand cheaper then the equivalent Prado. Im sure equipment would be similar as with everything else. I just found out that the body-on-frame is more expensive to produce therefore this is clearly the reason for it being more expensive. If Toyota went to the monocoque frame it would most likely cost AUS$4grand cheaper however with all the additional equipment it will likely get with the new model, it would mean pricing would mostly match the current one. Similarly goes for the LC/LX they would be cheaper then they are now and that would be great considering the LC finishes off at AUS$108grand.

Last edited by scorpio14; 11-06-2008 at 12:27 AM.