Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2008, 07:47 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonms View Post
The 2.5 is a new engine meant to replace the 2.4, IIRC. We're gonna see it in the facelifted Corolla, Matrix, and xB (as well as whatever replaces the tC), I believe.
Yeah however only for the US. Market (or cars made in the US.). Dont know what will be happening for the other markets that have the current 2.4l in a car. Like i said if Japan and Australia were to get this new engine we would have seen it in the facelift RAV4.

Yeah the RAV4 is Corolla-based, which is why i dont know why there havent been any AWD Corolla/Auris yet.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio14 View Post
Yeah however only for the US. Market (or cars made in the US.). Dont know what will be happening for the other markets that have the current 2.4l in a car. Like i said if Japan and Australia were to get this new engine we would have seen it in the facelift RAV4.

Yeah the RAV4 is Corolla-based, which is why i dont know why there havent been any AWD Corolla/Auris yet.
Toyota doesn't see the demand for it outside of the JDM market, I guess.

As far as the 2.4/2.5 go, the 2.5 is just the 2.4 but with more displacement and dual-VVTi. I don't really understand why the JDM RAV4 didn't get it. We'll find out what's going on next year, at any rate.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to mtema99 Send a message via MSN to mtema99 Send a message via Yahoo to mtema99

i think may be the 2.5 liter with VALVEMATIC tech not that dual VVTI

toyota said when the avensis came that all engines 'll be VALVEMATIC ASAP in 2012 or 2013 at max
Old 11-11-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonms View Post
IIRC, the RAV4 is Corolla-based.
Totally meant the Venza. Toyota has way too many cars.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:22 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtema99 View Post
i think may be the 2.5 liter with VALVEMATIC tech not that dual VVTI

toyota said when the avensis came that all engines 'll be VALVEMATIC ASAP in 2012 or 2013 at max
Your right, i remember when they (toyota europe) had announced the new engines with valvematic and that the range was from 1.3or5 - 2.5L in capacity. So maybe there is a valvematic version coming out in 2012 when the Camry/RAV4 will be replaced. I guess Toyota Japan want to wait for this engine instead of introducing the Dual VVTi version and then replacing it (with the valvematic) after 2-4years. Also by then there will be a new auto/cvt/manual for it instead using the same 4speed auto/5speed manual that the US. 2.5L RAV4 has which i think is a carry over.

Anonms - if they were to make a T-Sport version (or a TRD for Australia) it could adopt the AWD system. Also the Blade 3.5L could have had it (dont know why it didnt). They should bring back the GT-4 badge with a 2.0l (or 2.5l) turbo AWD Auris, however the Auris doesnt look like GT-4 material. I guess as you said probably no demand

Last edited by scorpio14; 11-11-2008 at 05:26 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Ford Verve Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio14 View Post
if they were to make a T-Sport version (or a TRD for Australia) it could adopt the AWD system.
Then, and ONLY then, would the Aurion/Camry TRD make sence.

Toyota have to update the old 2.4 Camry engine though. It uses the same amount of fuel, if not more in the real world, at the 3.5L V6. If they can replace it with a 2.5L Valvematic, then this engine would be worthy. As it is, the current 2.4 is rough, gutless and uses too much fuel for a 4cylinder.

Last edited by Hornbag; 11-11-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to mtema99 Send a message via MSN to mtema99 Send a message via Yahoo to mtema99
Default fotos

I found those photos while searching on the next generation Camry/Aurion & HS/ES

Camry

HS

the HS will be the first dedicated hybrid car based in prius but i saw in those 2 photos a lot of avensis design cues
Old 11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Crash

Vince has placed a picture on burlappcars.com that looks like / rumoured to be a revised Camary...actually - for the first time I can say this - I like it.

http://www.burlappcars.com/2008/11/2...sed-camry.html
Old 11-11-2008, 04:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MacEwen View Post
Vince has placed a picture on burlappcars.com that looks like / rumoured to be a revised Camary...actually - for the first time I can say this - I like it.

http://www.burlappcars.com/2008/11/2...sed-camry.html
That looks like the current ASEAN Camry/ Australian Aurion...

Last edited by AM2; 11-11-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Crash

VERY similar. I think the lights on the pic Vince posted looks a bit more agressive; the stance of that car also looks more substantial as well. Of course, the difference very well could be the angle of the picture and the resolution quality....