Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 AM
CSS Oldtimer

i wouldn't call it godawful, but it's not a success either. headlights badly need to be streched back, and the side surfacing is overdone and flabby. the DLO looks pulled straight off the current car's yet looks somehow forced and overly rakish. overall, just...awkward.

i agree with jblair; i'd take an MDX (or better yet, an EX or FX) over this any day.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 AM
CSS Oldtimer

and what's with that huge gap under the center console? was it really necessary?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:45 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to against the wall

the gap is for extra storage space. and the changing of materials in the dashboard looks weird. it would be better if it was all the same material.

No - against the wall
Old 11-20-2008, 04:04 AM
CSS Oldtimer

There's also a weirdly unneccesary seam on the right-hand side of the center stack.

The whole thing just looks half-assed, sorta like what Detroit used to turn out. (and in some cases, continues to turn out) I wouldn't be surprised for this new RX to get dinged for its so-so quality.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:23 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

It's a good progression and evolution, and I'm certain it will appear even nicer in person, and the IP is nicely handled, out of the box in design and execution and even a bit avant-garde. The Hybrid model moved up in power, this is where Lexus seems to utilize hybrid for it's performance advantage as well as it's fuel-mileage benefit.

One thing I don't understand - the Lexus RX here has 18" wheels standard and 19" optional (up from 17" standard and 18" optional - even though I hardly ever see the current, out-going model with the 17" wheels) which are a step up, of course, but why would the Toyota Venza, a model below the RX in the food-chain, a vehicle with a 4-cyl standard, have 19" wheels standard and 20" wheels optional?
On the Venza, the 19" rims are standard on the 4-banger with 20's optional and the 20-incher's are standard on the V6 Venza.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

The RX was revealed to a selected group in Sydney, Australia at the same time as when it was revealed at the LA Motor Show.

For the Australian line-up they are planning to have 3 petrol version and 2 Hybrid. Currently they offer 2 petrols (Sports and Sports-Luxury) and one hybrid (Sports-Luxury). My guess is that the 350 Sports will now have the sports suspension and sportier styling (inside and out) whether it is darkened lights/wheels for the outside and piano black accents inside. The current Sports will become the entry level (maybe called Prestige) and will have the 18inch wheels (while 19s for sports and sport-luxury). As for the 450h, Im thinking the new variety will be an entry level (either Sports or Prestige) and wont get the LED headlights and some equipments.

Does anyone know whether the new RX will have a Panorama Glass Roof as an option or something. I could see that as standard for Australias Sports-Luxury 350 and 450h.

As for the wheel size, If there were a Sports version (with Sports suspension), I think such variety should have 20inch wheels. It is interesting that the Venza has 19/20 while the RX/Highlander have a max. of 19s... Is it based on the RX/Highlander?

Last edited by scorpio14; 11-20-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:48 AM

The interior is a mess. There are too many details that are not fit for a premium vehicle.

The cluster of switches and buttons sprinkled down there on the left hand side of the steering wheel looks like
it came from generic aftermarket parts bin. And the blueish 7-segment digital clock display next to the shifter
was lifted directly from a 10 year old Toyota Corolla model...
Old 11-23-2008, 03:04 PM
CSS Veteran

L-finesse ey? Yet I don't see it in this new vehicle.

Indeed, exterior design of this vehicle is indeed CRAP****
Old 11-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Banned

Cool

someone called it hidious, well i'll just sign underneath that, what where they thinking????it just had to be a toyota
Old 11-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Raconteur

Toyota Aztec...lovely