There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2020, 06:35 PM
CSS Veteran

rv65 is on a distinguished road
Default 2021 Hengtian L4600

https://carbuzz.com/news/fake-toyota...Ar24KzHCFYUI88

As you all know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. This is the Hengtian L4600 which is a clone of the 200 series LandCruiser. It is a little bit bigger and seems to be as luxurious as a Lexus LX. Seems to be a 3 row off roader and it has a Tesla ish infotainment system.

Engine appears to be a 4.6L v8 (bespoke Chinese design) with an automatic transmission. Not much else is revealed but the price is around 270,000 RMB which is around 38,000 USD. Not bad for all that luxury and off road goodness. Not sure what is going to happen or if Toyota is going to sue Hengtian from producing this vehicle.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:08 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv65 View Post
[url]
off road goodness.
I know Chinese manufacturers have done other SUVs, but have any of those cars actually had any significant off-road capability?

This car seems pretty crude. Of course there are some Land Cruiser cues, but I actually don't think the resemblance is THAT strong. It looks quite bland and as cheap as its price would indicate (although, to the be fair, some of the pics are low quality).
Old 04-04-2020, 08:18 AM
CSS Oldtimer

cuisine is on a distinguished road

this car isnīt new - https://www.chinacarforums.com/forum...light=hengtian last post 1 year old
Old 04-06-2020, 08:31 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
I know Chinese manufacturers have done other SUVs, but have any of those cars actually had any significant off-road capability?

This car seems pretty crude. Of course there are some Land Cruiser cues, but I actually don't think the resemblance is THAT strong. It looks quite bland and as cheap as its price would indicate (although, to the be fair, some of the pics are low quality).
Usually, whilst the bodies are looking like say a Land Cruiser (or whatever they clone elsewhere), the chassis is often derived form some pick up truck, more often than not some older (90ies) Isuzu design; So whilst a little off road capability is there, they don't always come with 4WD, and mostly not with locks or other off road helping stuff, and I'd dare to claim that parts neither have the material nor assembly quality you would find in a real Toyota (or again, other cloned brand), so probably I wouldn't go crazy off road...