Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2020, 04:17 AM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

I think even if this doesn't sell great, it'll have a halo effect for the brand. The Miata and Supra function this way for Mazda and Toyota. Tangentially, I wonder how the GT86 fits into this now, as it's sales are weak and the Supra will drawn in buyers much better.

The GT-R has faded so a Z makes sense now in its absence.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:17 AM
CSS Oldtimer

63Bonneville is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

Not featured in that promo/teaser video were the current sedan models (going by the USDM), Sentra (new-generation recently released, Altima (a year or two old and strong seller), and Maxima (I believe holding it's own).

Also not included was the Murano, and the Titan pickup. I understand that the single-cab may be cut, but the extended and crew will remain. The Diesel V8 was cut, and it's gasoline only.

The GT-R "Godzilla" was not included, either. Reports indicated that the GT-R is important to the brand, and will remain, but it's next-generation won't likely surface for the next couple of years.

Also, nothing for Infiniti was covered in the recent presentation, but I believe that Infiniti had it's presentation earlier on. There is the teaser out for an SUV-coupe variant of the QX50. There was a report of a new Infiniti lineup presented not too long ago, with previews shown to a private group (like GM with the all-electric vehicle line), which showed the next-generation QX60 cousin to the Pathfinder, and three models that were based on recent concepts, a sedan and two crossovers, which are to either be offered in full-electric type, or an e-Power. Reports surfaced that Infiniti is going to to the electric route for the most part, with the exception of the QX80 and QX60, the two biggest sellers. The QX80 had a substantial update in the last year or two.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:18 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Bonneville View Post
Not featured in that promo/teaser video were the current sedan models (going by the USDM), Sentra (new-generation recently released, Altima (a year or two old and strong seller), and Maxima (I believe holding it's own).

Also not included was the Murano, and the Titan pickup. I understand that the single-cab may be cut, but the extended and crew will remain. The Diesel V8 was cut, and it's gasoline only.
Well, sure...there would be no need for a promo/teaser of the three sedans already revealed and on sale (same goes for the Versa). Similarly, the Titan was just refreshed. A new Murano may be in the future plans, but clearly not until all of these other models have been revealed...so I'd wager we won't see something until late 2021 or early 2022 on that front.

Quote:
Also, nothing for Infiniti was covered in the recent presentation, but I believe that Infiniti had it's presentation earlier on. There is the teaser out for an SUV-coupe variant of the QX50. There was a report of a new Infiniti lineup presented not too long ago, with previews shown to a private group (like GM with the all-electric vehicle line), which showed the next-generation QX60 cousin to the Pathfinder, and three models that were based on recent concepts, a sedan and two crossovers, which are to either be offered in full-electric type, or an e-Power. Reports surfaced that Infiniti is going to to the electric route for the most part, with the exception of the QX80 and QX60, the two biggest sellers. The QX80 had a substantial update in the last year or two.
The QX55 was supposed to debut in NY if I recall, so we'll probably see that soon. That said, given that it's really just a coupe variant of the slow selling QX50 (albeit with some styling tweaks), I doubt it will do anything to stop the hemorrhaging for Infiniti.

Last edited by pjl35; 06-01-2020 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:37 PM
CSS Oldtimer

63Bonneville is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

"The QX55 was supposed to debut in NY if I recall, so we'll probably see that soon. That said, given that it's really just a coupe variant of the slow selling QX50 (albeit with some styling tweaks), I doubt it will do anything to stop the hemorrhaging for Infiniti."

Now, just overnight, from when I'm posting this. there is a report of a "reboot" and restructure of Infiniti division, but it's on www.autonews.com. I'm not a subscriber, so I can't see or read it. I tried a search, but it does not appear anywhere else. I'm curious to know what's going on now. I hope that Infiniti's not to be watered down so much. I was hoping to see the Inspiration concepts come to life, even if large EVs or e-Power offerings. I also realize that the QX60 and the QX80 are the big-sellers/cash-cows. A recent private meeting had a new-generation QX60 presented, and three mystery vehicles. I'm interested to see what it's about!

Also, I feel that Infiniti should get on the ball, for Lexus is firmly kicking it's arse, Acura is holding it's own, and Genesis is rising and becoming mighty.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:38 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"The QX55 was supposed to debut in NY if I recall, so we'll probably see that soon. That said, given that it's really just a coupe variant of the slow selling QX50 (albeit with some styling tweaks), I doubt it will do anything to stop the hemorrhaging for Infiniti."

Now, just overnight, from when I'm posting this. there is a report of a "reboot" and restructure of Infiniti division, but it's on www.autonews.com. I'm not a subscriber, so I can't see or read it. I tried a search, but it does not appear anywhere else. I'm curious to know what's going on now. I hope that Infiniti's not to be watered down so much. I was hoping to see the Inspiration concepts come to life, even if large EVs or e-Power offerings. I also realize that the QX60 and the QX80 are the big-sellers/cash-cows. A recent private meeting had a new-generation QX60 presented, and three mystery vehicles. I'm interested to see what it's about!

Also, I feel that Infiniti should get on the ball, for Lexus is firmly kicking it's arse, Acura is holding it's own, and Genesis is rising and becoming mighty.
Similar story posted elsewhere: https://www.motor1.com/news/426341/i...ul-plan-rumor/

"The plan is to make use of more Nissan platforms and technology, and this could mean the retirement of Infiniti's existing rear-wheel-drive cars. The first of these new products could arrive as soon as 2023."
Old 06-01-2020, 05:27 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Similar story posted elsewhere: https://www.motor1.com/news/426341/i...ul-plan-rumor/

"The plan is to make use of more Nissan platforms and technology, and this could mean the retirement of Infiniti's existing rear-wheel-drive cars. The first of these new products could arrive as soon as 2023."
Operative word in that statement is COULD. I don't see have Nissan will have the pockets to fund a brand turnaround @ Infiniti, weather this current economic fecal storm and differentiate Infiniti from Nissan enough to warrant the premium price.