Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2005, 08:08 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Superfresa is on a distinguished road

Well Pathfinder is a 4 liter 7 seater so It's not in the same market as X-Terra and Murano. Murano is a 3.5 liter 5 seater, for people looking at a smallish but not compact SUV. X-Terra is the problem, that would be in the same segment as X-Trail. I say ditch the X-Terra...
Old 08-03-2005, 12:26 PM

CarMattZu777 is on a distinguished road

Ditch the Xterra??? You have to be kidding! Everyone loves it and it sells great. Also, it was what saved Nissan. The Xterra marked its new generation of vehicles back when Nissan was on the brink of oblivion. Plus, the new Xterra is just way better than the X-Trail. I say if they have to bring in the X-Trail (which they really don't), jsut strip it down and sell it as a budget SUV, like around Tucson/Sportage pricing.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Administrator

DoMiNo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Superfresa)

Quote, originally posted by Superfresa »
Well Pathfinder is a 4 liter 7 seater so It's not in the same market as X-Terra and Murano. Murano is a 3.5 liter 5 seater, for people looking at a smallish but not compact SUV. X-Terra is the problem, that would be in the same segment as X-Trail. I say ditch the X-Terra...

X-trail is smaller, and car-based. To my understanding, the Xterra is a more rugged body-on-frame SUV, and as such more capable offroad than the Xtrail would be. So theoretically they appeal to two different consumers, one the sensible urban type, the other a hardcore active type.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:30 PM

iamalittlepepper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (mzoltarp)

We have all those on sale in Canada.. the reason for Xtrail in Canada is because we like smaller cars.. Nissan USA just decided when Xtrail was brought over that USA don't like small SUV

Of course you have to factor in the exchange rate etc too.

Quote, originally posted by mzoltarp »
More likely it is due to product overlap. The Murano, Xterra, and Pathfinder are somewhat similar in interior size if not in vehicle construction. The Xterra and the Pathfinder are similar mechanically. The Murano and Xterra are also similar in price. They have 3 SUV's carving up overlapping territory. I'd upsize the Murano, restyle it and call it the Pathfinder. I'd axe the Xterra and leave the Armada, then bring in the Xtrail at a more entry level price.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:31 PM

iamalittlepepper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (DoMiNo)

Well that is correct.. Xterra is paired with Murano in size and capability. Xtrail is more like CRV, RAV4 etc 4 bangers. Xterra is basically a Frontier SUV.

Quote, originally posted by DoMiNo »
X-trail is smaller, and car-based. To my understanding, the Xterra is a more rugged body-on-frame SUV, and as such more capable offroad than the Xtrail would be. So theoretically they appeal to two different consumers, one the sensible urban type, the other a hardcore active type.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:20 AM
Veteran Member

Gromit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (iamalittlepepper)

The X-Trail is considerably more capable offroad than the CR-V. It doesn't have low range, but its 4wd system is very impressive. I've taken mine to places you might not think a "soft-roader" could go. What you don't get is the sort of axle articulation that comes with a proper AWD vehicle, which ultimately limits where you can get to more than the lack of low range.

What continues to impress me about the thing is the breadth of its abilities. It goes well, it's neither too big nor too small (for me, anyway), it will happily take you along rough dirt tracks, through snow or mud, and when you get it back onto real roads it's a refined enjoyable drive (and it doesn't squeak or rattle!).

What don't I like? The interior trim is generally poor quality. The plastics scuff easily, the dash looks cheap (it's been revised, but it's still nothing special), and the stereo's rubbish.

So what? It just means the engineers won out over the marketing department. The budget got spent on the underpinnings, not the trim.

I've owned mine for over 3 years, and I'm planning to keep it for a long time.

Old 08-13-2005, 06:47 PM

FordRules is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (mzoltarp)

Quote, originally posted by mzoltarp »
More likely it is due to product overlap. The Murano, Xterra, and Pathfinder are somewhat similar in interior size if not in vehicle construction. The Xterra and the Pathfinder are similar mechanically. The Murano and Xterra are also similar in price. They have 3 SUV's carving up overlapping territory. I'd upsize the Murano, restyle it and call it the Pathfinder. I'd axe the Xterra and leave the Armada, then bring in the Xtrail at a more entry level price.
Yes but Canada sells al of those too And the XTRail
Old 08-13-2005, 08:38 PM

rman5001 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (iamalittlepepper)

Quote, originally posted by iamalittlepepper »
We have all those on sale in Canada.. the reason for Xtrail in Canada is because we like smaller cars.. Nissan USA just decided when Xtrail was brought over that USA don't like small SUV

Of course you have to factor in the exchange rate etc too.

Yup....the top selling cars in Canada tend to be one size smaller than the top selling US cars.

On a somewhat related note... I saw what looked like a film shoot in downtown T.O. today with an X-Trail and (this is what caught my attention) a new Micra, both with euro plates. It might have been a commercial shoot.

Is Nissan bringing the Micra to Canada?

Old 08-14-2005, 04:51 AM
Veteran Member

Gromit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (rman5001)

The plates suggest it was an advertising shoot for the European market. Were they using some particularly scenic bit of Toronto?

Car makers often film their products in out-of-the-way places. VW shot the Bora wagon in central Melbourne (in a spot that looked a bit Parisian), years ago I came across a Japanese crew photographing a Nissan Avenir in a Melbourne park, and probably hundreds of car commercials for all sorts of markets have used the Great Ocean Road as a backdrop.

Old 08-14-2005, 06:25 PM

rman5001 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Gromit)

Quote, originally posted by Gromit »
The plates suggest it was an advertising shoot for the European market. Were they using some particularly scenic bit of Toronto?

Car makers often film their products in out-of-the-way places. VW shot the Bora wagon in central Melbourne (in a spot that looked a bit Parisian), years ago I came across a Japanese crew photographing a Nissan Avenir in a Melbourne park, and probably hundreds of car commercials for all sorts of markets have used the Great Ocean Road as a backdrop.

No...it was in the financial district with fairly generic skyscrapers that could be any other major western metropolitan city. It seemed odd that they would ship a car overseas for something like that.