Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2020, 09:38 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Are those DRLs or headlights or both?

Not sure how I feel about the "two lines" motif that Hyundai (and Genesis) are using. Something about it seems kind of aged, and I feel that a single line would be a "stronger" design element.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:39 PM

Toyosciburu86 is on a distinguished road

I thought this car just came out last year??
Old 05-26-2020, 09:59 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

The most interesting thing to me about the facelift is that it's also getting a new platform as well to allow for a PHEV, just like the second generation Sorento did with its facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Are those DRLs or headlights or both?

Not sure how I feel about the "two lines" motif that Hyundai (and Genesis) are using. Something about it seems kind of aged, and I feel that a single line would be a "stronger" design element.
The DRLs are in the top portion and in the middle of the lower portion. Main headlights are just in the lower portion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyosciburu86 View Post
I thought this car just came out last year??
The current vehicle has been on sale for about 2 years now. It was revealed in 2018 as a 2019 model and went on sale in summer 2018. This is obviously going to be billed as a 2021 model and probably not go on sale until the fall.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:36 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
The most interesting thing to me about the facelift is that it's also getting a new platform as well to allow for a PHEV, just like the second generation Sorento did with its facelift.
Wait, is the ICE Santa Fe moving to a new platform, too? That's quite a huge change for such a (relatively) new car.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:40 AM
CSS Oldtimer

2o6 is on a distinguished road

I think "platform" in HK speak isn't always the same as what we think. I think there's probably differences, but I feel like it's like optimization of the old car (and united with the Sorento) versus a ground-up new car.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:18 AM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Wait, is the ICE Santa Fe moving to a new platform, too? That's quite a huge change for such a (relatively) new car.
I don’t know why it wouldn’t be the entire model line. Rumor has it the wheelbase has grown slightly.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:34 AM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

revealed.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/06/hy...-new-platform/

More photos on carscoops.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:02 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I like the placement of the headlights b/c hopefully that'll reduce the glare for oncoming traffic (a common issue w/ SUVs). The grille looks okay for an SUV, I suppose, but I honestly feel like it could eat me.

Dash and center console is a massive change. Looks to be adapted largely from the Nexo? Seems quite upscale, but it isn't quite a comfortable fit stylistically with the leftover stuff.

It also looks like there's a lot of structural changes. While I'm glad that Hyundai is quickly updating its models, does it also kind of imply that the current Santa Fe was a bit... rushed?
Old 06-03-2020, 09:05 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Generally, it's an okay updtae, the front end looks better than what the general combination of "double layer headlights and huge grille" could result in, all the the nowadays ubiquitous rear light bar sees one of the less well executed implementations here.

The new console inside is again nice, but I agree, it does not fully work with the rest of the interior (and given the amount of change, why not change the to half of the dash as well? Weird decision)

However, given how obviously this is a facelift, I think the term "new platform" for some improvements in terms of crash tests (likely some additional bracing or similar) is a bit of a stretch though...
Old 06-03-2020, 12:36 PM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

Hm, I had expected better. I don't think the big-mouth-bass face really works and the mesh is pretty garish.

The taillights are another stupid light-bar shoehorn. Running an LED strip between two independent lamps does NOT look good. They had such a cool design pre-refresh, and this is just generically trendy and fussy.