Old 03-23-2005, 02:37 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

mclaren F1
Old 03-23-2005, 05:00 PM

KebabGud is on a distinguished road

yes .. Mclaren F1 :P

Toyota is the biggest car maker whan you bring money into the picture :D
but still behind when i comes to number of cars..
they will be the biggest by the end of this decade...

Old 03-24-2005, 10:08 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Santeno is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (KebabGud)

Quote, originally posted by KebabGud »
Toyota is the biggest car maker whan you bring money into the picture :D

Again not quite right. Toyota is arguably the most effecient and best managed. They also have the largest market capitalization rate and by far the biggest cash reserves. That doesn't necessarily mean however that they take in as much money in overall sales. They do take in a greater percentage of their sales numbers a net proffit than any other automaker though.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:27 AM
CSS Oldtimer

boston is on a distinguished road

British Government Concerned Over SAIC-Rover Merger Delays

Date Posted 03-30-2005

BIRMINGHAM, England  The British government is concerned the Rover-Shanghai Automotive deal could be going sour, and is bringing pressure to bear in a bid to finalize an agreement before the U.K. general election in May.

According to British newspaper The Guardian, a government source said: "We are anxiously looking to see whether progress is being made. It would be wrong to say it is all going wrong, but we are looking at how, and if, the situation can be rectified. Things will come to a head one way or another in the next couple of weeks."

The deal has now been approved by the Chinese authorities, though
The Guardian said the British government may be drawing up contingency plans in case the deal collapses. "British government sources admitted that Chinese interest in the deal appeared to have ebbed during the past month, and that they were now looking at what might happen if the deal failed to go ahead."

Autocar magazine, on the other hand, claimed the original deal had been expanded to include the MG brand and the Rover 75 large sedan rather than just the Rover brand, the K-series engine and the Rover 25. This would boost the deal by $160 million.

What this means to you: The automotive industry's longest-running soap opera ends another episode on a cliffhanger. Tune in next week to see if the wedding is on or off.

Old 04-01-2005, 05:32 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Reppu is on a distinguished road

I think the only group with a big field for bying smaller/bankrupt brands is PSA. They could buy Mitsu easily just as a starting point...
Old 04-09-2005, 02:03 PM

Lakeshow23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Reppu)

Quote, originally posted by Reppu »
I think the only group with a big field for bying smaller/bankrupt brands is PSA. They could buy Mitsu easily just as a starting point...

Mergers?

Honda-Isuzu should have happened long ago. Rather than simply swap cars, they should have developed them together. They would have owned the most hard edged, reliable, and fuel efficient cars in the market place. Both of their cars are reliable as hell, so Honda can help Isuzu with refinement, and Isuzu can help bring Honda a tough image. Ditch all that cute stuff.

Lotus-Isuzu. Yes, they developed Geo Storms (Isuzu Gemini) and Isuzu Impulses (Isuzu Piazza) together, but those old Isuzu concept cars (that were codeveloped with Lotus) never came about. That's too bad.
http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/isuzu_4200r.htm

Honda-Toyota. Go ahead, design the most refined and cute, and sloppy handling vehicles that no other company can compete with. Reliability and fuel efficiency would be unmatched.

Nissan-Audi. I dunno, I just think it would be a good fit. Fast, fast, fast cars with prototype ideas that will be unmatched by other manufacturers. Cars would probably be able to hover above land if they got together.

Chrysler-Mercedes. Oh wait, that's already happened.

Suzuki-Yamaha. Become the next Honda, and make a bunch of small cars that are fuel efficient, quick, cheap, lightweight, and last forever. And they should have the best audio systems.

Old 04-12-2005, 03:35 AM

Addex is on a distinguished road

I wish BMW buys Maserati from Ferarri. (I heard a roumor a while back that they did want to sell it?)

This would fit thhem perfect sizewise:

Mini
BMW
Maserati
Rolls-Royce

Old 04-14-2005, 03:53 AM

r3vilo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Addex)

no. maserati will stay with the fiat group. ferrari still own half of maserati and alfa owns the other. thats how i understand it, but i may hav got it slightly wronng