There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2016, 03:45 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
IMO design has always been one of the stronger points of Range rovers
Agreed. I also think the GLS is rather tasteful. I'd prob rank the Volvo as the 2nd best looking large SUV.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:30 PM
Crazy Composer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Range Rover has never been a good looking car
Can't agree with this, I find them to be among the most attractive SUVs built to date.

The previews of this Wagoneer look pretty mild. The Jeep grill isn't translating well to luxury for me. I guess I'll have to wait and see the whole thing.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:35 AM
CSS Veteran

It's looking like this may never come to market. One report claims they can't adapt the Grand Cherokee platform to larger use, which seems really unbelievable considering the quite large Dodge Durango shares a platform.

More likely--especially in light of other canceled products and the announcement that the NAIAS press conference has been scrapped--is that FCA is almost out of cash. I wonder if they'll make it through 2017.

http://www.motor1.com/news/130696/je...pment-stopped/
Old 12-09-2016, 02:58 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
It's looking like this may never come to market. One report claims they can't adapt the Grand Cherokee platform to larger use, which seems really unbelievable considering the quite large Dodge Durango shares a platform.

More likely--especially in light of other canceled products and the announcement that the NAIAS press conference has been scrapped--is that FCA is almost out of cash. I wonder if they'll make it through 2017.

When did they say they weren't doing a press ca Terence for the NAIAS? It's logical...they've got didley squat to show... it I thought maybe Wrangler might make a showing....
Old 12-09-2016, 04:49 AM
Raconteur

The end of FCA is near. Jeep, Ram will survive because they are money makers, and maybe Dodge will until the Charger and Challenger no longer sell. Chrysler is dead. Fiat will retreat to Italy. Maserati and Alfa have failed to launch.

Tine to sell the American arm to Hyundai/Kia, Renault/Nissan/Samsung/Mitsubishi, or to the Chinese.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:35 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
When did they say they weren't doing a press ca Terence for the NAIAS? It's logical...they've got didley squat to show... it I thought maybe Wrangler might make a showing....
Announced it yesterday:

http://www.motor1.com/news/130691/fc...vehicle-debut/

I was expecting the new Wrangler for NAIAS, too, but it sounds like it may be delayed? I can't imagine them choosing to release that vehicle at CES instead of a traditional auto show.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:46 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Brutal. Just brutal.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:

I don't think this could be accurate. One story that discusses this rumor points out that it makes no sense for FCA to have shown it to dealers (and have those renderings subsequently leak online) and discuss the vehicle with the media before knowing if something as basic as platform compatibility.

One would think that an issue like that would have been discovered VERY early on in the development process, not this far down the road.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:16 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
One would think that an issue like that would have been discovered VERY early on in the development process, not this far down the road.
Oh, absolutely. Which is why I'm convinced FCA has simply found themselves running out of cash, causing work to stop.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Oh, absolutely. Which is why I'm convinced FCA has simply found themselves running out of cash, causing work to stop.
But at least we have the Giulia...of wait...we're still waiting.