Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

The USDM/ASEAN version will probably have the same interior, but the chances of having an identical exterior is, thankfully, unlikely.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:22 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonms View Post
The USDM/ASEAN version will probably have the same interior, but the chances of having an identical exterior is, thankfully, unlikely.
I hope this model shares nothing with our model. The Corolla Altis is the USDM sedan, and it's wider and longer than the Axio.

This Axio can't hold a candle to anything else in the compact class.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
I hope this model shares nothing with our model. The Corolla Altis is the USDM sedan, and it's wider and longer than the Axio.
The Altis currently shares the same interior design as the outgoing Axio. Given that this interior has some characteristics resembling the 86's, it's likely that we'll see this interior design in the Altis.

However, because the Altis is wider-bodied and has a tweaked exterior design versus the outgoing Axio, then it's likely that the Altis will continue to not look identical to the Axio.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:46 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonms View Post
The Altis currently shares the same interior design as the outgoing Axio. Given that this interior has some characteristics resembling the 86's, it's likely that we'll see this interior design in the Altis.

However, because the Altis is wider-bodied and has a tweaked exterior design versus the outgoing Axio, then it's likely that the Altis will continue to not look identical to the Axio.

I dunno, I think Toyota is making these model lines diverge slightly. If Toyota introduced this in the US or Europe, it would get laughed out of the market.

Anyone else thing you could scrape off the Toyota badges and slap on the "Justy" moniker, and it would look just right?
Old 05-12-2012, 03:30 AM
CSS Veteran

old people's car for japan
Old 05-12-2012, 04:07 AM
CSS Veteran

reading over the PR, it is all about old people... but few things pop up - very light, 100kg-150kg or more lighter than previous Corolla's. Consumption for 1.5l and 1.3l similar to new Yaris (within 0.1%), both with start/stop, CVT.

Just-Auto article says something about very light materials but i am not subscriber so cant read it all... Axio compared to Auris in Japan, 150kg difference.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:24 AM
CSS Oldtimer

This is pretty horrible. Terrible, dorky proportions, and from some angles it looks like it's higher in front than in back.

I'd be surprised (and disappointed) if any of this car's exterior translates over to the US Corolla. Bland and cheap though it may be, the current Corolla is not a fundamentally bad-looking car - it's just let down by cheapskate details like most Toyotas. This is just bad all around.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:46 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
This is pretty horrible. Terrible, dorky proportions, and from some angles it looks like it's higher in front than in back.

I'd be surprised (and disappointed) if any of this car's exterior translates over to the US Corolla. Bland and cheap though it may be, the current Corolla is not a fundamentally bad-looking car - it's just let down by cheapskate details like most Toyotas. This is just bad all around.
i am pretty sure interior will be very similar to world corolla... and that Corolla Hatchback for Europe will have different exterior and interior, like now. But exterior, sure, this is Japan only, like before.

Axio, boring as it may be, has nice interior with cloth covered front dash, ventilated seats, heated up to the shoulders, automatic highbeam, all features previously not found on Corolla worldwide. Things like automatically retracting and dipping mirrors, etc, etc.

Plus as I mentioned, 150kg reduction in weight is just plain old awesome. It seems boot in Fielder is from some kind of newly developed resin (plastics).
Old 05-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Veteran Member

Default uglier

i cant believe they made it look uglier. clearly, no progress in this redesign.

it reminds me of the 2003 Infiniti M45/Nissan Cedric/Gloria on the outside and a lowly subcompact inside.

the previous Axio

is like the 94 base Subaru Impreza.

bland in base form but i think the car has a potential to look as hot as a 22B Impreza. :)
Old 05-12-2012, 08:15 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolfx View Post
old people's car for japan
Unfortunately, this car looks so boring.........to the point that I would suggest to old people there to take public transportation instead of driving this lame-ass vehicle.

In the case of Japan, public transportation is abundant (trains are numerous and buses and taxis are everywhere) so the old people are definitely not missing out. They can save their retirement money instead of buying this lowly vehicle.