CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-06-2018, 09:46 AM
mick78 mick78 is online now
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 8,565
Default Audi e-Tron Concept 2018

https://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2018-e-tron_concept/




Still a concept, though it looks like everything bar the side mirrors is production ready; And well, it looks like every other Audi SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Levi Levi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 849
Default

It is quite nice. It still don't get why they can't hide the rear wiper under the rear spoiler like Range Rover.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-06-2018, 11:08 AM
mick78 mick78 is online now
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 8,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
It is quite nice. It still don't get why they can't hide the rear wiper under the rear spoiler like Range Rover.
Because they liekly use one rear wiper from up! to the Bentley Bentyaga...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-06-2018, 11:19 AM
disap.ed's Avatar
disap.ed disap.ed is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Still a concept, though it looks like everything bar the side mirrors is production ready; And well, it looks like every other Audi SUV.
I read somewhere that the production version will also have the cameras instead of classic side mirrors, so it probably IS the production version.

I like it, definitely much better than the Q7. I still don't know how this will fit between a Q6 and Q6 or if it is just an E-Tron version of one of these two.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Levi Levi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Because they liekly use one rear wiper from up! to the Bentley Bentyaga...
They should then probably redesign it for everything from the Up! too. Having it hidden under the rear spoiler (top of window) is better from an esthetic view, but also from a practical view: it is less prone to damage as hidden, and no rubbish (dust/sand) remains, especially when used rarely, that then damages the wiper scratches to window.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-06-2018, 01:49 PM
mick78 mick78 is online now
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 8,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disap.ed View Post
I read somewhere that the production version will also have the cameras instead of classic side mirrors, so it probably IS the production version.
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/03/au...oduction-form/

I don't think so ;)




it seems that it IS the production car (incl. normal mirrors) but for cool effect, on the Geneva stand it will receive cameras (that look just like someone broke down your mirror); After all, IMO - a t least in Europe - mirrors are still mandatory...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-06-2018, 03:03 PM
disap.ed's Avatar
disap.ed disap.ed is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,039
Default

Hm, strange. I am absolutely sure they explicitly wrote it somewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-06-2018, 03:17 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disap.ed View Post
Hm, strange. I am absolutely sure they explicitly wrote it somewhere.
even if they did, it still requires them to be legal, so perhaps that didn't happen and they backed off of it.
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-06-2018, 07:13 PM
Ascariss's Avatar
Ascariss Ascariss is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Gdansk, Poland
Posts: 5,616
Default

So where does this slot in term of size and prizing in their suv lineup? above Q5 and below Q7? or Q7 territory?

As for that wiper, seems like it's also used on the Q7, Q8, maybe Q5? Def bentayga, and probably also the new Touareg.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-07-2018, 04:47 AM
IcedG35's Avatar
IcedG35 IcedG35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
They should then probably redesign it for everything from the Up! too. Having it hidden under the rear spoiler (top of window) is better from an esthetic view, but also from a practical view: it is less prone to damage as hidden, and no rubbish (dust/sand) remains, especially when used rarely, that then damages the wiper scratches to window.
It also wipes more of the useful part of the rear glass instead of the part blocked by headrests anyway. What I donít get is why we still dont have rain sensing rear wipers.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:33 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy