Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Car Designer hopeful

Gotcha cosworth, you can see I have been trying to improve on that already with the new "random supercar"
Old 08-12-2009, 06:24 PM
DesignCentral Inc.

Send a message via MSN to dreamersmystique

Nice Nelson...and a car designer you will be...I am sure...no doubt...I likd all your designs especially your supercar, your shading is remarkable, and if I may point out something is, instead of portraying your crs at greater length, you would be able to provide more realistic looks if you drew them shorter but ina way that the length is emphasised no matter what....and also..you could arch out the wheels, if you like it, so as to add a lil more muscle to your cars....

dat said...BRAVO!!,,,nd hey v need an ENCORE!!

http://dreamersmystique.deviantart.com/
Old 08-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Car Designer hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamersmystique View Post
Nice Nelson...and a car designer you will be...I am sure...no doubt...I likd all your designs especially your supercar, your shading is remarkable, and if I may point out something is, instead of portraying your crs at greater length, you would be able to provide more realistic looks if you drew them shorter but ina way that the length is emphasised no matter what....and also..you could arch out the wheels, if you like it, so as to add a lil more muscle to your cars....

dat said...BRAVO!!,,,nd hey v need an ENCORE!!
Hey thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it ;)

Here's some recent pics...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Old 08-22-2009, 07:56 AM
DesignCentral Inc.

hey Nelson...I voted for this design at the contest especially because I liked your idea...and its very practical...Maybe you should even think of setting up an electric motor for the car!...You should check out the contest happening at Local Motors...it could broaden out your view of things...and I do like the ultra aerodynamic feature..lol..though...have you seen the Aptera Electric Car?...That is an ultra aerodynamic car...so...for an ultra aerodynamic body...you need it be pretty much shaped like a tear drop, with the tapering end as the rear...I do notice that the cabin for the person is that shape..though the rest of the body wouldnt agree with it..but nice...real nice...

Old 08-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Car Designer hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamersmystique View Post
hey Nelson...I voted for this design at the contest especially because I liked your idea...and its very practical...Maybe you should even think of setting up an electric motor for the car!...You should check out the contest happening at Local Motors...it could broaden out your view of things...and I do like the ultra aerodynamic feature..lol..though...have you seen the Aptera Electric Car?...That is an ultra aerodynamic car...so...for an ultra aerodynamic body...you need it be pretty much shaped like a tear drop, with the tapering end as the rear...I do notice that the cabin for the person is that shape..though the rest of the body wouldnt agree with it..but nice...real nice...
Thanks.

For this I was going with hydrogen, not an EV vehicle. I think personally this is a better form of alternative fuel.

Yes the Aptera, right...

I didn't want it to be the most aerodynamic thing in the whole entire universe lol. Remember it still had to have some inspiration from Auto Unions and be built by Audi.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2009, 06:15 AM
DesignCentral Inc.

So you mean a car powered by a Hydrogen ICE??...yeah Hydrogen is indeed the more efficient resource but as you kno Hydrogen is not availabe in its individual form and this artificial production of Hydrogen will lead to much larger amounts of emissions than our normal engines and practises.. But fuess in som time, we may find an alternative source for production. Yeah, Hydrogen FC is not exactly something I would prefer either...too heavy atleast for now..

But if there was a way to use liquid Hydrogen...that...would be awsom...

Yet again...hope 2 see mpre works from you...take care! Ciao!

Old 11-09-2009, 01:46 AM
Car Designer hopeful

I'm working on a Porsche obviously. And there's a shoe that I thought was cool looking

Hope for some feedback, thanks!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:07 PM
DesignCentral Inc.

Wow...nice work...good going...Marker render looks great!!...and the sketches are reallly amazing!!
though 2 issues:
1. The finished sketch...its two long...the gap between the front and rear wheels is very big...when you draw a coupe of those dimensions...the gap is usually the distance of 2-2.5 circles (i think), the same size as that of the wheels...in your sketch its long enough 2 be a a pretty big sedan...so...you have a reallly loong door!!..
2. The wheels seem small and of different sizes...now its not really a main issue...but a little more finesse there and you have a winner!!

The rough sketches look more appealing in finish and perspective and even the wheels are done right...I guess because you are more relaxed doing the rough ones...just go crazy drawing circles and ellipses...free hand...and finish the wheels as a full circle...It gives a lot of volume!!...

Cheers dude...great work!!!...