Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2006, 05:04 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Car Puchasing Thread

Post all questions or any help you need from the members on here about purchasing a car.

Drives: 2016 BMW 328i xDrive | Previously Drove: 2015 Audi A3 2.0t, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0t AWD (x2), 2011 Buick Regal CXL, 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe
Old 02-01-2006, 05:09 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I found out what car i'm getting for my first today =].

i am getting my dad's 2002 red land rover freelander S when i get my permit this august/september.

he is then going to lease a 2007? Buick Lucerne CXS V6... it will be his first ever lease and i'm surprised because in the past he has been against it.

he wants it in glacier blue metallic (the icy light blue color).

Drives: 2016 BMW 328i xDrive | Previously Drove: 2015 Audi A3 2.0t, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0t AWD (x2), 2011 Buick Regal CXL, 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe
Old 02-01-2006, 05:24 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Being all but one of my cars were on leases, I'd be happy to answer any questions you guys might have on them; purchase/finance, on the other hand, I'd think I have some expertise in them as well. Anyway, feel free to inquire and post your questions here...I'm sure we have a good group represented here to answer all relevant questions
Old 02-01-2006, 05:32 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Yes, I have been tempted, for in my area, I received an advertisement for a brand new, 5 door Toyota Yaris, 1.5 manual that will cost me 65 dollars per week, which is roughly 5 hours work. I have never been so tempted to go for it, but I've kept off it waiting for it to get off my mind. But that new car smell and toyota reliability keeps calling me. Dont think its worth it though, or is it?
Old 02-01-2006, 05:46 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (Superfresa)

$65 USD a week?

would this be in addition to or replace your camry?

Old 02-01-2006, 05:48 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (knicks125)

Quote, originally posted by knicks125 »
Being all but one of my cars were on leases, I'd be happy to answer any questions you guys might have on them; purchase/finance, on the other hand, I'd think I have some expertise in them as well. Anyway, feel free to inquire and post your questions here...I'm sure we have a good group represented here to answer all relevant questions

its not that i have questions, its just that im surpised he's going that path for it... he always says "i like the feel of OWNING the car" and "you get tax rebates". so idk. but i guess its a good alternative for a time when money's kinda short

Old 02-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member

Default Re: (Superfresa)

The new car smell is actually toxic fumes emitted from the plastic components such as the dash, but what ever makes you happy. Just don't forget that the novelty of purcashing a new car will wear off once the resalel value on it will start to fall and you will still be struggling to pay it off, unless of course you already have a fair amount of money squirreled away or have a good paying job, in which case I say go for it.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms
Default Re: (stevenzoz)

Find some way of knowing if the dealership is far from meeting tis quota. They'll be more willing to negotiate (or in my family's case, persistent in selling you the car that you just trest drove). The dealership was asking for over a USD3,000 markup, but were so desperate to meet their quota, that they were persistent in having us buy the Prius off the lot with a $170 markup (their policy was that people not on the waiting list have to pay a markup).
Old 02-01-2006, 06:00 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote, originally posted by stevenzoz »
$65 USD a week?

would this be in addition to or replace your camry?

65 AUD a week

It would replace the Camry, all up I would have some 6,000 dollars and a decent job, but AXLE is right. In a couple of months, I would have lost a lot of money and would no longer have a new car, and would no longer have the space of a wagon, and I quite love my wagon too

But still, picking up a new car from the dealer... niceee

*ok ok keep off it!!*

Old 02-01-2006, 06:04 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote, originally posted by stevenzoz »

its not that i have questions, its just that im surpised he's going that path for it... he always says "i like the feel of OWNING the car" and "you get tax rebates". so idk. but i guess its a good alternative for a time when money's kinda short

Understood. I was extending the offering to everyone