CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Levi Levi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 552
Default Lexus LF-1 Limitless




RWD-based crossover. Finally something to compete with Germans (once it is built).
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-05-2017, 05:15 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Where are the indications that it's RWD?

Here's the story on it for those who are curious: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/12/lex...v-concept.html
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-05-2017, 11:03 PM
Levi Levi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Where are the indications that it's RWD?

Here's the story on it for those who are curious: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/12/lex...v-concept.html
Why should a flagship be FWD?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-05-2017, 11:10 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Why should a flagship be FWD?
Where did I say it should? I ASKED where you got the info that it is RWD, since all you provided was the picture and that information with no source or link.

This car can also fly and has an invisibility mode.
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-2017, 12:00 AM
Levi Levi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Where did I say it should? I ASKED where you got the info that it is RWD, since all you provided was the picture and that information with no source or link.

This car can also fly and has an invisibility mode.
Well, because it is flagship, so based on LS/LC, so RWD based.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-06-2017, 12:38 AM
Naga Royal Guard's Avatar
Naga Royal Guard Naga Royal Guard is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,155
Default

Looks like an X6 competitor.
__________________
You dont know what its like,
You dont know what its like.
To want to dickslap with somebody,
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-2017, 01:09 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Well, because it is flagship, so based on LS/LC, so RWD based.
Where does it say it's LS/LC based?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2017, 05:08 AM
Naga Royal Guard's Avatar
Naga Royal Guard Naga Royal Guard is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,155
Default

THeres a little picture at a meeting indicating RWD proportions. Is toyota really going to build something on the aged truck platform? Its safe to assume its based on GA-L (Gal Gadot)
__________________
You dont know what its like,
You dont know what its like.
To want to dickslap with somebody,
To want to dickslap with somebody.
The way I want to dickslap with you.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-06-2017, 08:30 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 7,965
Default

So far waht we can see looks good, and keeps some visual connection to the RX DNA as well.

That aid, i think whatever it is based on (either the LC/LS or TNGA) is not a big deal in reality, I mean the Bentley Bentyaga and Lamborghini Ururs are based of Audi's MLB Evo, which is essentially a FWD/AWD optional platform, and people don't care Nowadays, with everything remotely powerful offering AWD anyway, I don#t think FWD derived means it can't be a flagship
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Levi Levi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Where does it say it's LS/LC based?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
So far waht we can see looks good, and keeps some visual connection to the RX DNA as well.

That aid, i think whatever it is based on (either the LC/LS or TNGA) is not a big deal in reality, I mean the Bentley Bentyaga and Lamborghini Ururs are based of Audi's MLB Evo, which is essentially a FWD/AWD optional platform, and people don't care Nowadays, with everything remotely powerful offering AWD anyway, I don#t think FWD derived means it can't be a flagship
LC/LS is also TNGA, just as Prius, Camry is. But the first are GA-L (long mounted engine, so RWD), and there is GA-C/GA-K for transverse engines.

VAG Cayenne, Touareg, Q7, Bentayga, Urus, are not pure FWD, their engine is not transverse, but mounted in length. Nothing to do with RX/NX or Tiguan for example.

Last edited by Levi; 12-06-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:54 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy