Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
The face of this Civic restyling is still a hideous mess. The styled-on-acid tail of the Civic has given away to dismally dull. From one extreme to the other. Both the Civic and the Accord--and now the Insight--have extremely nice shapes that are made hideous by nose and tail styling. Put the money on the hood!
At least it doesn't burn your eyes like a Civic. Still, it's not thaaat dull. The tail for example has several curvaceous lines like the bumper line and carved out shapes such as the ducktail spoiler and face of the trunk lid that are fairly cohesive and don't crash together like on the Civic. There's no fake exhaust or grille inserts back there either thankfully. Same could be said for the side profile.
The front unfortunately still has lots of fake grille, but it has character to it.

Ok now I'm just trying to emulate Robert Cumberford. xP
Old 03-27-2018, 08:59 PM
Veteran Member

not as ugly as usual Honda/Acuras of the century, but utterly pointless. why bother if this design isn't extended to the regular civic? why isn't this powertrain simply in a civic? or conversely, why isn't the regular civic restyled to look like this? I honestly don't know which of the two looks less ugly.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:54 AM
The Lurker

I honestly don't get how someone could look at this and find it ugly. It's very cohesive and well proportioned. The detailing and restrained and flows nicely. I guess the chrome brow is that big of a turn-off??

I much prefer it to the monotonous grille trend going on everywhere else in the auto industry that's basically "how big can we make this trapezoidal hole and how can we make our mesh fancy?"
Old 03-28-2018, 07:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
I much prefer it to the monotonous grille trend going on everywhere else in the auto industry that's basically "how big can we make this trapezoidal hole and how can we make our mesh fancy?"
I fully agree. Those hiuge trapezopid or hexagonal holes (with probably 75% of them "fake opening" anyway) are getting out of hand and horrible. This - whilst the Chrome eye brow might not be to every one's taste - looks different and IMO more interesting.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:43 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I fully agree. Those hiuge trapezopid or hexagonal holes (with probably 75% of them "fake opening" anyway) are getting out of hand and horrible. This - whilst the Chrome eye brow might not be to every one's taste - looks different and IMO more interesting.
The chrome eyebrow treatment could work if Honda reduced the busy look of the face 200%. The headlights should be squinty eyes with the brow making a menacing frown. Use a conventional narrow grille, a bumper, and a lower hole for air flow.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:20 AM
CSS Oldtimer

https://www.honda.co.jp/INSIGHT/new/
Old 10-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Raconteur

How did Honda let this out of the styling department? It isn't overdone with character lines. It doesn't have an ugly face. It actually looks decent.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:58 AM
CSS Veteran

Ohmigod, it's a Honda grille that actually looks... NICE. Not just not-offensive. But actually kind of pleasant. Will miracles never cease?
Old 10-05-2018, 07:09 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
How did Honda let this out of the styling department? It isn't overdone with character lines. It doesn't have an ugly face. It actually looks decent.
The designer of the CIvic hatchback's rear end is probably tied up in a locker somewhere and crying horribly at the thought of a clean design...