Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2018, 07:34 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2019 Honda Insight

https://www.netcarshow.com/honda/2019-insight/

Now a production car, and unsurprisingly, just looking like the Insight concept that we all knew was the production version already;

Based of the Civic, it combines an 1.5 Atkinson ccyle engine (NA), a electric engine, LiOn batteries to a total system outoput of 151hp.

And well, a good looking Honda, in and outside, IMO; I hope the muted use of detailing is a good sign of things to come at Honda; My only gripe with this car is that again it looks like a hatchback, and isn't, although especially Hybrid buyers IMO wouldn't mind that extra practicality....
Old 03-27-2018, 08:47 AM
CSS Veteran

Am I missing something, or does this simply look like a facelifted Civic? I don't think that's a bad thing (given how well the Civic sells).

Car and Driver says that, in the US, at least, this will be positioned btw the Civic and the Accord. The Accord hybrid got a $4000+ price cut this year, so I imagine that the Insight will be pretty affordable.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:02 AM

What this has over the Accord and even the Civic at first glace is clean cut proportions. In profile it looks handsome from all angles. The Accord has gotten to big, the Civic is an overstyled mess, the Insight looks just the right size and style.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:32 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Am I missing something, or does this simply look like a facelifted Civic? I don't think that's a bad thing (given how well the Civic sells).

Car and Driver says that, in the US, at least, this will be positioned btw the Civic and the Accord. The Accord hybrid got a $4000+ price cut this year, so I imagine that the Insight will be pretty affordable.
Well it says Civic based clearly in the statement, the greenhouse to me also says not only based but a CIvic re skin (that is improving the basic Civic a lot)

Givne the Accord#s price cut I do indeed agree that this needs to be affordable, or that the slot between a regular Civic and an Accord hybrid will likely be quite slim where this can slot in price wise. To me, the most important question is whether we are getting this in Europe. I wouldn't mind getting one for my
Old 03-27-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementW View Post
What this has over the Accord and even the Civic at first glace is clean cut proportions. In profile it looks handsome from all angles. The Accord has gotten to big, the Civic is an overstyled mess, the Insight looks just the right size and style.
I agree - it looks better than the Civic and the Accord. However I wish Honda would soften the look of their front ends - they all look angry.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:57 AM

Honda grill now looks worse than Acura grill.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:28 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Honda grill now looks worse than Acura grill.
Agreed....and yet this is one of the best uses of the Honda grill in their line up.

Actually a pretty handsome car.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:04 PM
CSS Oldtimer

A substantial improvement over its predecessor, but the face (like Civic and Accord) isn't pretty and the tail looks awkward. Civic is a better resolved design overall IMO.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:08 PM
Raconteur

The face of this Civic restyling is still a hideous mess. The styled-on-acid tail of the Civic has given away to dismally dull. From one extreme to the other. Both the Civic and the Accord--and now the Insight--have extremely nice shapes that are made hideous by nose and tail styling. Put the money on the hood!
Old 03-27-2018, 06:27 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Agreed....and yet this is one of the best uses of the Honda grill in their line up.

Actually a pretty handsome car.
Fender wheel arch treatment is very Acura ILX.