There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2019, 11:41 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
Hmm profile almost looks like a rebadged 208, but I'm sure it won't be just a blatant rebadge, I hope.
If you look closely, the C-pillar has a different line at the rear door, slanted forward, whilst the 208 has a rounded, straight C-pillar (like the 205 had), so whilst most sub metal structures are identical, the sheetmetal will be likely different, as at least the rear door too, just as with the Grandland and 3008 (also having a similar shape, but yet looking nothing alike)
Old 03-30-2019, 04:53 AM
Administrator

Ascariss will become famous soon enough

Body caught in the factory?

Old 03-30-2019, 01:59 PM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Nothing to see...
Old 03-30-2019, 06:07 PM
Administrator

One design detail is visible, the C pillar design seems to be like the insignia wagon. The Opel GT X Experimental concept also has a similar trim or line going through the top towards the rear, so it appears to be a design theme on the new opels.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:39 PM
Veteran Member

MrMGMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
One design detail is visible, the C pillar design seems to be like the insignia wagon. The Opel GT X Experimental concept also has a similar trim or line going through the top towards the rear, so it appears to be a design theme on the new opels.

Looks closer to the Grandland X, which has a small piece of gloss black trim topped with chrome trim that runs over the upper part of the doors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vauxhall~Grandland~X~(5).jpg (70.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by MrMGMan; 03-30-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:11 AM

Twinport is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hmm profile almost looks like a rebadged 208, but I'm sure it won't be just a blatant rebadge, I hope.
The rear passenger door is different and the overhangs look to be longer. I reckon that his will be a slicker looking design than its Peugeot cousin.

As a side, Id really like to see the GM Corsa design, before it was cancelled, shorn of camouflage. It would be great to see the two different interpretations.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:01 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

No great surprises, just what everyone could expect; YOu can see that the basic body structure is more or less identical to the Peugeot 208, but the C-pillar and sheetmetal are all different, and detailing is what Grandland and Insignia already showed us, as the latest Opel designs;

All in all, likely the most conservative of the 3 small cars in the PSA group, which will help in many markets sell, even though I personally prefer small cars to be more funky or quiry; I'd have the Peugeot, I guess (the Citroen is still based of old underpinnings and has a rather plasticky interior)
Old 04-01-2019, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinport View Post
The rear passenger door is different and the overhangs look to be longer. I reckon that his will be a slicker looking design than its Peugeot cousin.

As a side, Id really like to see the GM Corsa design, before it was cancelled, shorn of camouflage. It would be great to see the two different interpretations.
I mentioned it looks like one but I doubt it is. Sharing the platform, some aspects will be similar, like the 3008/grandland x are on the same platform, and those 2 share similar parts, ie mirror design, with hard points on the platform/chassis determining some design which is similar to the grandland x and 3008.

I feel this will be similar on the new corsa and the new 208.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:24 PM

Tomm14 is on a distinguished road

Opel published a bit more informations about the new Corsa, especially concerning its weight: it'll be a lot lighter than the current one for sure
Old 04-18-2019, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member

MrMGMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm14 View Post
Opel published a bit more informations about the new Corsa, especially concerning its weight: it'll be a lot lighter than the current one for sure
The seemingly huge weight loss isn't really all that surprising. The current car was developed in an era when small cars were at their absolute heaviest, with top trims of the Corsa, Clio, and 207 weighing as much as 1,300kg. It lost a little weight during its 2014 facelift, but it's in no way competitive with the likes of the outgoing Peugeot 208 or current Citroen C3, both of which are between 150-190kg lighter, depending on specification.