Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2018, 07:29 PM
CSS Veteran

Nastka is on a distinguished road

I actually expected it to be worse. But yeah, I get nervous just thinking about reversing this out of a parking bay in a busy parking lot without running over a pedestrian...
Old 12-01-2018, 07:20 AM
Veteran Member

Vormund is on a distinguished road

Firstly, I think showing the hatch with dark rims made it look worse.

Secondly the back section of the hatch looks just too rounded from certain angles. If it had broader hips with a bit of a crease it would give it more of a shape. Much like the first gen Mazda 3 hatch.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:44 AM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

It has a standard 360 camera? That's impressive tech for the class. Does any other compact car even offer one as an option?
Old 12-01-2018, 02:08 PM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
It has a standard 360 camera? That's impressive tech for the class. Does any other compact car even offer one as an option?
Well then I guess the Corolla and Civic will be cancelled because if that if the deciding factor....
Old 12-01-2018, 03:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Reppu is on a distinguished road

I love it, except for one bit both in the hatch and the sedan: the rear lights. I think they are getting old by now. Otherwise both cars are really good and licking nearly any other offer in the segment.

Interresting engine tech too, i think no one mentioned that.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:33 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppu View Post
Interresting engine tech too, i think no one mentioned that.
I think it was briefly discussed when it was first revealed that this car would get Skyactiv-X previously. I would lease but sure as hell wouldn't buy one....

Sat in one at the auto show today. The interior is really nice in person, too.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:43 PM

exl500 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
Sat in one at the auto show today. The interior is really nice in person, too.
If you sat in the hatch, what were your impressions of the rear visibility? I'm in the camp that finds the car beautiful, but, I'm spoiled by the acres of glass in my current car.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:22 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl500 View Post
If you sat in the hatch, what were your impressions of the rear visibility? I'm in the camp that finds the car beautiful, but, I'm spoiled by the acres of glass in my current car.
I sat in the sedan (and, AFAIK, that's the only one you could sit in at the show). Visibility in the sedan seemed decent.

I can't imagine that the hatch WON'T feel claustrophobic. I think the side surfacing is great and that it looks very upscale (esp in Soul Crystal Red), but it pretty much looks exactly like it does it photos.

Toyota Corolla interior isn't half bad (don't think you could sit in one, so I could only peer in through the window), and Toyotas usually have good visibility. I test drove a Camry LE recently and was completely shocked at how improved it was in driving dynamics (the float, wallow, and uncertainty that the previous car had -- even in routine, moderate speed driving -- is essentially gone). Test drive was a decent length, but I should've taken up a curving freeway overpass, rather than heading straight ahead to exit.

The Camry's not a sporty car, but the car, IMHO, was clearly tuned for those who need a mid-size sedan but don't simply want an appliance. I also test drove a BMW 3-series wagon, and I swear that the Camry had more steering feedback (the 3-series has very little).

I imagine the smaller Corolla might be even better....

It's not a bad time to be a car fan when even a daily driver from the world's most boring car company is a pretty damn good drive....
Old 12-04-2018, 12:45 AM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

...confused. Why all the Toyota talk? I thought exl asked about the 3...
Old 12-04-2018, 02:14 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
...confused. Why all the Toyota talk? I thought exl asked about the 3...
If you don't think the Toyota talk is appropriate, then why ask me about it (thus possibly perpetuating more off-topic conversation)? ::shrug::

The poster asked about visibility in the Mazda hatchback b/c I was at an auto show and saw the car. And I provided the poster w/ another car in the same class that might have better visibility and similar driving dynamics (which are much improved from its predecessor). The Toyota talk, to me, seemed appropriate b/c one advantage Mazdas have had is that they're much more fun to drive than the equivalent Toyota. If Toyota keeps improving their cars like this, that advantage will be erased (thus further eroding Mazda sales, IMO).

If the mods thinks my comments/opinions are way off topic, it's up to them to delete it or move it (and I would have no issue w/ that).