Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2005, 06:17 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default What's the most important thing about a chop?

What of this points is the most important for you?. Please don't answer stuff like "all together", that's too obvious, choose only one of the options.

Quality: technical quality of the chop, right angles, properly matched colors...
Design: self explaining....
Originality: nobody else did something similar
Amount of changes: or complexity if you prefer
Technique:maybe you prefer a brushed chop even if it's awful
Time it took: do you give a value to fast made chops?

My vote goes to QUALITY, i have to believe in what i see.

Modified by Reppu at 5:17 PM 1/7/2005

Modified by Reppu at 5:30 PM 1/7/2005

Old 01-07-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: What's the most important thing about a chop? (Reppu)

Originalty. Notice, that even if the chop isn't super-high-quality but his author had a great idea about making it, it always gets very good opinion.
Very close to originality, on second place, is quality.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:36 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quality is number one. You can have all the originality in the world, but if the end result looks badly put together, your chop will not be believable.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:42 AM

I think quality and originality share a close first, so close, I can't decide which to vote for. I'd probably go for originality as this can only come from you. Quality is dependant on your proficiency with Photshop, which is a just a bunch of tools that anyone can ulimately master. Design isn't necessarily the be all and end all of a chop; I've done some hideous stuff in my time, but I thought they were either plausible conversions (ie the original was pretty ugly to begin with...I don't know if you remember my BMW 9 series MPV...horrible to look at, but made me laugh) or just amusing (again another BMW chop I did, the 7 series crew-cab, absolutely dumb idea, but funny I thought). I'm not really interested to know how long a chop has taken; the time chops take isn't necessarily an indication that it will be any better, but my heart does sink when I see "5 minute chop". Similarly I don't really give a monkeys if its taken you 3 weeks.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:49 AM

Yup, I have to go mainstream aswell. Quality, no question about it. I mean.. a chop can be great alltho the design might be bad (it's all a matter of personal taste anyway).

I also love originality. It's great to see new ideas and concepts... but if the chop itself is of bad quality, it often ruins it :(.... these are my opinions

Old 01-07-2005, 10:27 AM

I also think quality is the most important thing. At least when Im chopping something I try to do it as realistic and clean as possible. I might not have so good ideas, but I try to do quality job. I wish my chops could be more original sometimes
Old 01-07-2005, 02:40 PM
CSS Veteran

Default Re: (PeterDesign)

Quality becuase if the car doesnt look good it tends to overshadow other aspects. Like if you did a few clean mods would look better than a lots of messy mods
Old 01-07-2005, 03:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Nick

if originality was the most important aspect of a chop then Wang would be the best "chopper" on this site...but quality is deffinately the most important aspect, though I find that a lot of times, even that gets overlooked...
Old 01-17-2005, 12:10 PM

u can hav as much of the otha options as u want but if it is not quality stuff then it will be picked up on, and this is the first thing that people look for,
if the car is actually believable, if it poor quality then it wint look believable,
wot more can i say
Old 01-18-2005, 12:10 PM

I would say that quality is definatly the best thing to have on a chop. It makes you look much more professional if you give the best you have got