Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2015, 05:18 PM

Thumbs up 2015/2016 Peugeot 308 GTI...

At last, Peugeot unveiled official pictures of the future 308 GTI today :)
http://www.netcarshow.com/peugeot/2016-308_gti/

Two power levels for the engine(still the 1.6l THP): 250 and 270bhp ;)

The car will be displayed in UK later this month(Festival of Speed in Goodwood), then in the next months in Germany(Franckfurt Motorshow)and should be in sales in Europe before the end of the year
In september press journalists will be testing the car on the roads...
Old 06-18-2015, 08:48 PM
CSS Veteran

French hot hatch =)
Old 06-18-2015, 09:51 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
French hot hatch =)
We're doing oxymorons are we? ;)

Sooooooo teasing. I understand the 205 GTI (corrected) was a delight.

I'm wondering if Peugeots have gotten more reliable over the years. My grandfather was going to buy a 504 diesel after his best friend bought one. The friend's car immediately had problems right and left.

I seriously considered a 405mi16 (I think it was). I drove it, the Alfa Romeo Milano (75), and an Audi 80 and chose the Audi. I had heard ghastly things about Alfa Romeo "quality" but the Milano was a hoot to drive. The Peugeot I liked, but when I went back the following week to talk about a deal, the dealer had closed. The Audi had horrible reliability--so bad in fact that the owner of the dealer reimbursed my down payment if I'd lease something else.

Last edited by swizzle; 06-19-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:58 AM
NISMO by another name..

Looks great, but god forbid that touchscreen stops working. It seems to control everything.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:45 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
We're doing oxymorons are we? ;)
Actually hot hatches are one of the last french strongholds. PSA had the 205 GTI (I think that's what you meant), the 106 and the 306 in various hot versions (easily the best handling compact before the Focus arrived), and the current 208 GTI is great too. CItroen has a shorter history, mostly the Saxo VTS (a hit in Britain, not so much elsewhere). And then Renault has a long history too, starting with various versions of the R5 (including the mid engined monsters), moving over Clio Williams and RS, again some with mid engine to the current Megane RS, mostly still regarded as king of the classic hot hatch (the AWD weapons RS3, A45AMG and Focus RS are already more in the mold of Imprezza and co.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATSUN View Post
Looks great, but god forbid that touchscreen stops working. It seems to control everything.
That worries me more and more in new cars. Everything is just screens and touch controls. If I compare how long my old Nokia and other button phones lasted (technically, they still work, just are somewhere in a drawer, probably still with 2/3 of their battery left) and then see how basically every smart phone I had was having trouble lasting through the 2 year warranty period, I don't trust a "control everything" touchscreen or fully digital instruments will be that great in a 10 year old car. And talking of 10 year old cars, that is a MY2005/2006 nowadays, still plenty of them out.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Raconteur

YES! It was the 205 I meant.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Sooooooo teasing. I understand the 205 GTI (corrected) was a delight.

I'm wondering if Peugeots have gotten more reliable over the years.
Yep. even 205 was very reliable. There was a dip in the reliability when CAN BUS electrics were new (in the beginning of 2000). But now Peugeot Citroen PSA is among the best.

google "Car reliability index UK".
Old 06-30-2015, 03:49 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousteau View Post
Yep. even 205 was very reliable. There was a dip in the reliability when CAN BUS electrics were new (in the beginning of 2000). But now Peugeot Citroen PSA is among the best.

google "Car reliability index UK".
The 508 seems fairly reliable so far. The test drive unit we had here (Philippine-spec Peugeot 508 2.0 Diesel Allure) works well so far..........apart from a volume button on the steering wheel that gets stuck once in a while. Other than that, the car is spot on =)
Old 06-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Raconteur

There is also a different definition of what reliability is on both sides of the pond. It's my understanding or my misperception that VW is well thought of in Europe for reliability, but here they are consistently at the bottom of the rankings.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:44 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
There is also a different definition of what reliability is on both sides of the pond. It's my understanding or my misperception that VW is well thought of in Europe for reliability, but here they are consistently at the bottom of the rankings.
meh... only amongst "VAG believers"... otherwise VW is perceived as "average". and various reliability rankings confirms this. in fact, in most of them Peugeot and Citroen tends to be slightly above VW. though all that is rather pointless these days. all mainstream manufacturers are, regarding reliability, really close to each other...

@mick78
Visa GTi, and especially AX Sport, GT and GTi were also "hellish" hatches of the 80' and the beginning of 90'. especially all AX versions in fact, almost all AX versions, with their weight ranging from 640 to 850 kg were fun... but you can imagine how much fun they were, when they stuck in engines with 85-101hp

Last edited by drugmirko; 06-30-2015 at 08:00 PM.