Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2006, 03:05 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Reppu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Mil)

I can only remember of one interior made by Fiat that could call 'stylish': the Multipla. And it was not exactly brilliant....of course i'm only giving my opinion, which is as good/bad as anyone else's.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:39 AM

naranhito is on a distinguished road

Of course, there's a difference between stylish, ok, and dull. I know Fiat will never make a Civic-alike interior, but you only have to see the Grande Punto's interior to see that the quality of the materials is as good as their competitors. There's a difference between "boring" and "bad"
Old 09-01-2006, 04:11 AM
Veteran Member

Gromit is on a distinguished road

The Multipla's interior looked like the result of a collaboration between Fisher-Price and an accordion manufacturer.

I loved it.

Old 09-02-2006, 10:23 AM

Ace of Spades is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Reppu)

Come on!!! I think all (or maybe most of) Fiat interiors are and were stylish. Another thing is if they fell into pieces...
Old 09-02-2006, 10:59 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

CosworthKid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (naranhito)

Quote, originally posted by naranhito »
I know Fiat will never make a Civic-alike interior

I dont understand ur Civic comparison to be honest. I assume u are reffering to Euro Civic and if so bare in mind that the current Civic is completely different to previous efforts as well and its still not the benchmark in its class let alone a completely different category of car to most FIAT cars apart from Stilo. And it wouldnt suit the 500 style anyways.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 09-02-2006, 02:28 PM

spwolf is on a distinguished road

um, how about some perspective? You will be able to buy 2 Fiat 500's for the price of Civic.

So I dont see how do you expect their interiors to be the same...

Old 09-02-2006, 02:54 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Mil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (spwolf)

Yeah. You cant expect the quality of an interior of a car which is less than ~10000 to be the quality of some Merc etc.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:23 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (Mil)

During the Madrid show this summer, i sat inside the 207, the Clio, the Yaris and the G.Punto in the lap on one hour. I can tell you the materials selection in the G.Punto was clearly below the other three (pre-series units?), specially compared with the Clio. The design is not that bad which is good news in a Fiat. To me, all interior designs from Fiat (except Multipla) have been dull and plain boring since the Tipo: all Puntos, Bravo, Stilo, Panda, Croma, none of them stand up for their interior design. Ironically, the best thing i noticed about the G.Punto interior was the fit of all parts.

Getting back to topic, i don't expect from the 500 a better interior than the one we know from the Panda, which is again boring, with extremely cheap materials (i never sat inside one so i can't tell about the fit). For the price of the car, as Mil and Spwolf said, that's as good as it gets.

Old 09-03-2006, 03:00 PM

naranhito is on a distinguished road

The thing is, you make it sound as if they were still using the Uno's dashboard, and that's far from the truth. On the other hand, you should consider the price of the cars you are comparing it to. Or isn't it true that both the 207 and the Clio have become rather expensive cars? The Punto interior is at least as good as the one in the C3, Kalos, Ibiza, Getz, Fabia or Fiesta.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:34 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Re: (naranhito)

Sorry but i don't agree, i've got a better impression in the Ibiza and the facelifted Fiesta and C3. I can't tell about the rest. But as i said this is only my personal opinion, i'm not trying to convince anyone. And to be honest, i'd still buy a 500 if the price is right, all in all i think it will be a fantastic car.