There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 08:24 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Santeno is on a distinguished road
Default 2007 Lancia Delta

Here are some renderings of the possible style of the upcoming Lancia Delta, scanned from an Italian car magazine by a member of Autopareri:

Old 04-22-2005, 08:27 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Santeno is on a distinguished road

The design above borrows pretty liberaly from the Lancia Granturismo Stilonovo Concept from 2003:

for better high res images of the Stilonovo go to this page:

http://www.km77.com/marcas/lan...a.asp

Old 04-22-2005, 08:28 AM

italo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2007 Lancia Delta (Santeno)

That looks Awsome! I love the looks -- could be a bit more aggressive, but overall very nice looking. All it needs now is AWD and an HF version to satisfy the Lancisiti. I like how they took they took the look of the Lanica Granturismo and Grandturismo Stilnuovo Concepts from a few years ago and incorporated them into the front end design. The back end is pure, modern Lancia, but reminds me a bit of the Nissan Murano the way the shoulders tapper down.

Overall very good. Autopareri always has good stuff like this. Does anyone know the name of the actual magazine? AutoItalia or Quattro Ruote, perhaps?

Viva Lancia! I only hope that the folks over at Fiat Auto decide to get off their butts and put some new products like this Delta into production. All Fiat Auto divisions were down last month -- except Lancia! If Lancia is increasing sales with warmed over Fiats and little products, just imagine how sales would be if they actually got some exciting cars like a new Delta?

Modified by italo at 8:42 AM 4/22/2005

Old 04-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member

PlatForm is on a distinguished road

awesomee... i like the design.. how about the spec??
Old 04-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member

MrMGMan is on a distinguished road

This makes me even sadder about the demise of MG Rover. This new Lancia Delta looks very much like some of the renderings we've seen of MG Rover's now-aborted RD/X60 programme.

Oh well.... at least its nice to have another small European car brand forging ahead with its own unique style instead of copying the increasingly ubiquitous 'Germanic' look.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

DrPetrus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (MrMGMan)

This looks very promising. Does anybody know what platform this car will be based on? Is it the Corsa/Punto platform?

Also, is there any chance of an alternative non-gasoline/diesel engine for this car? I read that Toyota has calculated that by 2016 we won't be able to use gasoline/diesel any longer. That's only 11 years away and any car bought today will still be rolling by then (although probably driven by it's third or fourth owner).

Old 04-22-2005, 10:21 AM

Kakairo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (DrPetrus)

Beautiful. I only wish it was coming to the States...and to the UK.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Administrator

DoMiNo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Kakairo)

Quote, originally posted by Kakairo »

My thoughts exactly... I love it. Just like I love pretty much every Lancia. If only...

Old 04-22-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: (Kakairo)

Quote, originally posted by Kakairo »

Amen Brother! Amen! If Alfa makes it back to the states through Maserati as they hope, then hopefully a few years down the road they'll bring Lancia back here as well. It would be something else to see Lancia here in the State again...and make Lancisti like me very happy.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: (DrPetrus)

Quote, originally posted by DrPetrus »
This looks very promising. Does anybody know what platform this car will be based on? Is it the Corsa/Punto platform?

I'd imagine that it would be based on the Stilo platform. The only reason I say that is cause I read that the next-gen Alfa 147 would probably use an updated version of the Stilo platform instead of a shorter, but more expensive, cut down version of Alfa "premium" platform now used in the 159. The article said that since Alfas will now offer AWD as an option, there's a good chance that the Delta will get this platform to use to play homage to the rally Lancias of the 80s.

Closed Thread