Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2008, 03:09 AM
Chop of The Year 2007 Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by against the wall View Post
i think that would qualify as smelling gay...

haha......
Old 02-17-2008, 06:35 PM
CSS 2006 Ford Fusion nut

Chris Doane, are you gay aswell?
Sorry about asking the question. I seem confused with the post when you were saying "
Quote:
I said I was and this young guy was quite surprised, and genuinely happy, to see that the person whod taken all the spy photos hed seen was gay too. Later, he told me this was helpful in his coming out process.
Quote:
like i act obviously gay & i flirt with straight guys (its heaps fun).
OMG, I love it. LOL
Guys in college give me a strange look (I think its flirty mixed with the "weirdo" look) but it could be different to them
I was told by a clasmate in college, I'm femenine so everyone in my class assumed I was gay.
OMG, I totally fancy this guy in college. Not sure if he is gay or bi but he seems like a "bad boy" lol. Last time I hit onto a guy, I was isolated from certain friends. Don't know what to do....
Old 02-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Chop of The Year 2007 Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fusion View Post
Guys in college give me a strange look (I think its flirty mixed with the "weirdo" look) but it could be different to them
lol the guys i flirt with dont even realise it, its so funny to watch thier reactions
Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fusion View Post
Yep.

C'mon I was #19 in this thread.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:25 AM
Raconteur

Not only that but there was talk about him being a rock star.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:03 AM
Veteran Member

I'm not really in the mood to read 68 pages.. so I'll just ask it here;

How is it to be gay in the US..? Here in (West-)Europe we often get the idea that most people are very ignorant about gay things in the US. Especially in the west and south. Famous people hardly ever get out of the closet and reply's on sites like YouTube are very disturbing to read..

Gay marriage was first legal in the country I live in. And most people here really don't mind if you are gay or not. So I'm glad I live here Altough most Islams make a big issue of it... and offcourse farmers who only know other farmers..

Last edited by Ahura; 02-18-2008 at 04:05 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Administrator

I see it as there being two parties in the US, and I'm sure everywhere else is the same. There are people who (like me) generally understand and respect GLBT folks, I've had Gay Friends, I've worked for a Gay boss, I've noticed a high concentration of gays where I work (and one openly TG). If it came down to it I would gladly support the GLBT community because I've had enough experience and not reacted harshly in my life to genuinely understand the affliction (as should be well known I'm married with kids and not gay which is why I'm willing to offer this assesment).

Then the other perty is people who don't understand, and are quite probably revolted by the thought. It's either a religious issue (I don't believe God would barr people from being happy but really don't want to get into *that* discussion here) or people just plain don't, can't, and refuse to try to understand a Gay person.

I'd like to say that second group is a minority, but as is American most of us aren't willing to act pro-GLBT because that second group itself will tear apart anyone... next thing you know you're accused of being Gay, having a gay lover, and those people that don't understand start spewing propaganda against you and everyone else tries to alienate you from them to avoid a similar fate... it happened to me in the past, and it's happening to people now.

The entire gay thing is out of control down here, sometimes I wonder if it's turned into our modern-day communist hunt, but like just about everyone else I know I sit back, Remark about it to myself, and try to ignore that there's an Issue anywhere because I don't want it to come into my life. In the meanime I'll sit back and let the extremists do the arguing.

FYI: I checked myself against the MSN article, and found I have a "Gay Finger" on both hands, and my hair turns counterclockwise, but that was the only markers I could find on myself.

Last edited by Andre; 02-18-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Nondescript Member

Send a message via MSN to anonms

Well, within many adolescent cultures, it's turning into a straight supremacist thing in some circles; however, the school I went to was very liberal (despite being in a very conservative area; youthful rebellion?) and very accepting of gay people. But some people that I've met in college, such as my roommates, are not very accepting, and it makes me wonder if they've realized that there is a gay guy that lives in our building (not referring to myself here in this instance, apparently I convincingly pass for full straight as opposed to partial straight despite my effeminate-ness).

In terms of how America is divided into its views on LGBT rights, I'd say one minority vehemently fights for LGBT rights, one minority vehemently fights against it, and the vast majority has an opinion but doesn't act upon it.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Not only that but there was talk about him being a rock star.
That part wasn't true. :rolleye:
Old 02-19-2008, 02:02 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for replying. Offcourse the US is a huge country with loads of different kinds of people but it is a modern country so it kinda surprises me how people there are looking towards gay people and other minority's as "emo's" for example. A young boy on YouTube did a piece of the "loo loo loo" song of Butters (South Park) and he had dark, long hair and mostly black clothes. He was smiling and singing in that video. The responses to that video... omg... people really reacted with so much hate and said that he should kill himself and such.. to a young boy!!

So sad.. when are people going to accept that not everyone is the same.. not everyone wants to be a "jock" or whatever. And why would you care if anyone is gay...? Its not like they will have sex in your bedroom while you are in there...