CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-22-2012, 01:59 PM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildeye View Post
...
07. VW Jetta 0.74m...
740,000 Jettas? I had no idea it was THAT big worldwide and that it outsold the Golf worldwide as well.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-22-2012, 03:51 PM
anonms anonms is offline
Nondescript Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SFBA
Posts: 3,906
Send a message via MSN to anonms
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
740,000 Jettas? I had no idea it was THAT big worldwide and that it outsold the Golf worldwide as well.
Isn't VW pretty big in China (I saw a ****ton of "VW Santana"s, whatever the hell those are, when I was there)? I think the Chinese prefer sedans, too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-23-2012, 07:57 PM
SV's Avatar
SV SV is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
740,000 Jettas? I had no idea it was THAT big worldwide and that it outsold the Golf worldwide as well.
In fairness that number includes several different generations of Jetta that aren't all that closely related.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Naga Royal Guard's Avatar
Naga Royal Guard Naga Royal Guard is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,385
Default

cant wait to for Troy Queef to spank this bit*h and write to tell the world of it
__________________
I think I fell in love with a porn star
And got married in the bathroom
Honeymoon on the dance floor
And got divorced by the end of the night
Thats one Hell of a life. (K. West)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-26-2012, 06:31 AM
thedesigner thedesigner is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 257
Default

That Forbes lists looks to be a pretty decent one... though it's only an estimate and different than some others I saw, which also were NOT exclusively NA sales. Regardless- what's to defend? Not a single competitive car, eh?

Also... the definition of the word 'competitive' needs to be put to the test here. I'm not talking about lust-worthy machinery- I think we can all agree that what denotes 'competitiveness' often describes how well a vehicle sells and pleases the market. If you want to talk about competitiveness from an enthusiast's stand point, let's not talk about sales figures. There's simply no room for subjectivity in sales, but plenty of relativity... what sells, sells. Who cares if it's a two-generation-old nameplate- it's selling. Let the company call it what it wants. They're selling metal- who cares if it's the Jetta from our childhood? So what's competitive by whose standard? If you lived in South America where a good number of modern cars won't be sold because of the economics and infrastructure conditions of that market, do you say that a cheapo Jetta isn't competitive because someone can afford a better one in a wealthier market with more buying power and nicer roads? Regardless, to say that Toyota doesn't make a single competitive car is just plain wrong.

Agreed?

I personally loathe Toyotas. They're devoid of fun... plain and simple. But they are in fact competitive. In fact, according to that Forbes list, the 1-2 punch of Corolla/Camry sales (1.75m) is the 2nd best selling duo from any maker, just behind Hyundai/Kia (1.8m). And Toyota isn't selling a decade-old Kia Pride in emerging markets on the cheap.

And as far as the Cammatte goes, shouldn't we be a little relieved that they're reconsidering the automobile from such a simple-minded perspective? I'm not going to hold it against Toyota for draining the joy out of driving for the past 10 years or so. It's not like the Elantra has been pulling people's pants down with Mazda-like competence... and last I checked Honda has slowly been slipping into a self-induced coma. There's always Ford, who, thanks to its British sensibilities, always seems to make a smart little ride for the masses outside of the US (and finally for the US too). But we can't gloss over Toyota's accomplishments. Besides, they've given us the 86/FRS/BRZ... a nice step in the right direction, no? I think we'd be much more forgiving of Toyota if their cars weren't so damned awful looking.

Last edited by thedesigner; 06-26-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Naga Royal Guard's Avatar
Naga Royal Guard Naga Royal Guard is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,385
Default

paging swizzle, translation please!
__________________
I think I fell in love with a porn star
And got married in the bathroom
Honeymoon on the dance floor
And got divorced by the end of the night
Thats one Hell of a life. (K. West)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-27-2012, 03:09 AM
mtema99's Avatar
mtema99 mtema99 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sumy, Ukraine
Posts: 314
Send a message via AIM to mtema99 Send a message via MSN to mtema99 Send a message via Yahoo to mtema99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedesigner View Post
That Forbes lists looks to be a pretty decent one... though it's only an estimate and different than some others I saw, which also were NOT exclusively NA sales. Regardless- what's to defend? Not a single competitive car, eh?

Also... the definition of the word 'competitive' needs to be put to the test here. I'm not talking about lust-worthy machinery- I think we can all agree that what denotes 'competitiveness' often describes how well a vehicle sells and pleases the market. If you want to talk about competitiveness from an enthusiast's stand point, let's not talk about sales figures. There's simply no room for subjectivity in sales, but plenty of relativity... what sells, sells. Who cares if it's a two-generation-old nameplate- it's selling. Let the company call it what it wants. They're selling metal- who cares if it's the Jetta from our childhood? So what's competitive by whose standard? If you lived in South America where a good number of modern cars won't be sold because of the economics and infrastructure conditions of that market, do you say that a cheapo Jetta isn't competitive because someone can afford a better one in a wealthier market with more buying power and nicer roads? Regardless, to say that Toyota doesn't make a single competitive car is just plain wrong.

Agreed?

I personally loathe Toyotas. They're devoid of fun... plain and simple. But they are in fact competitive. In fact, according to that Forbes list, the 1-2 punch of Corolla/Camry sales (1.75m) is the 2nd best selling duo from any maker, just behind Hyundai/Kia (1.8m). And Toyota isn't selling a decade-old Kia Pride in emerging markets on the cheap.

And as far as the Cammatte goes, shouldn't we be a little relieved that they're reconsidering the automobile from such a simple-minded perspective? I'm not going to hold it against Toyota for draining the joy out of driving for the past 10 years or so. It's not like the Elantra has been pulling people's pants down with Mazda-like competence... and last I checked Honda has slowly been slipping into a self-induced coma. There's always Ford, who, thanks to its British sensibilities, always seems to make a smart little ride for the masses outside of the US (and finally for the US too). But we can't gloss over Toyota's accomplishments. Besides, they've given us the 86/FRS/BRZ... a nice step in the right direction, no? I think we'd be much more forgiving of Toyota if their cars weren't so damned awful looking.

nothing to say after this
totally agree

in my Egypt for example Hyundai their sold the Accent with 3 different generations from the end of the 90th till the new one

the same they did with Elantra/Sonata in the last 2 generations

VW make that with the golf of the last 2 generations in the same showroom you can found both

if you went to All east Europe , Russia & Mid Asia
you will find a lot of cars still the same as LADA for example

as Chevy Niva which is build with Lada in the 90th

you can see last 3 generation E class all brand new under same roof

what i mean these old cars is way cheaper than it's competitor in those markets and in counting they still counting in every car maker as new because actually it is oldy new
__________________
best quotes:
1)ωнαт ∂σєѕη'т кιℓℓѕ уσυ мαкєѕ уσυ ѕтяσηgєя-
2)ιт'ѕ ησт нσω мαηу тιмєѕ уσυ ∂σωη'ѕ вυт нσω мυн уσυ єαяη яσм уσυя ∂σωη'ѕ
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-27-2012, 05:07 AM
DoMiNo's Avatar
DoMiNo DoMiNo is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Five-Oh-Five.
Posts: 11,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga Royal Guard View Post
paging swizzle, translation please!
Sublime VW/Hyundai Jetta Genesis Hemi $11K so-right-for-NA TURBO smash-hit!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:35 AM
thedesigner thedesigner is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 257
Default

LOL... excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Naga Royal Guard's Avatar
Naga Royal Guard Naga Royal Guard is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedesigner View Post
LOL... excellent.
have you seen the Limited Edition GMC Yukon Super Freedom Sweet Ass Truck God Bless America? Its quite a looker and has a 7.0L Engine.
__________________
I think I fell in love with a porn star
And got married in the bathroom
Honeymoon on the dance floor
And got divorced by the end of the night
Thats one Hell of a life. (K. West)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:05 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy