Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2017, 08:47 AM
CSS Oldtimer

[quote=paranoidgarliclover;489483At least it looks a little different from other VW models (the interior styling of which was getting kind of old)....[/QUOTE]

I don't know, apart from the air vents and the Sat Nav swapping place (and now resembling a bit a Giulia), it looks just like your typical Tiguan o r Touran interior to me (especially if you deduct the exaggerated proportions and lines of the teaser sketch)

Old 12-14-2017, 04:46 PM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I don't know, apart from the air vents and the Sat Nav swapping place (and now resembling a bit a Giulia), it looks just like your typical Tiguan o r Touran interior to me (especially if you deduct the exaggerated proportions and lines of the teaser sketch)
Context, my friend. ;) I said it'd look a *little* different. I have no doubt it'll be instantly recognizable as a VW, but even a bit of variation in the air vents and in the screen placement is, IMHO, a HUGE deal for VW nowadays.... And don't forget that there seems to be a ribbon of brightwork across the dash! Earth shattering!
Old 12-14-2017, 05:29 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Looks to me like it will pretty much end up being a Polo. Everything about it looks about the same, with some slight changes:

Old 12-14-2017, 07:50 PM
CSS Veteran

Oh. I hadn't seen interior shots of the Polo.

Well, carry on....
Old 12-14-2017, 08:12 PM

More likely T-Roc's interior with reworked upper part of the dashboard.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:22 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madskillz View Post
More likely T-Roc's interior with reworked upper part of the dashboard.
Splitting hairs here dude, seeing as the Polo is more representative with the vent placement, etc.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:25 PM
Crazy Composer!

The correct answer is it looks like all of those but is directly none of those. VW is streamlining their interiors without copy and pasting them as-is into new cars.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:57 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Exactly...
Old 12-15-2017, 08:35 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
The correct answer is it looks like all of those but is directly none of those. VW is streamlining their interiors without copy and pasting them as-is into new cars.
The problem is they are streamlining them so much, that without being identical, you often think they are. And also, they are streamlined between VW, Seat and Skoda as well. Only Audis with their bespoke Infotainment, switchgear and generally higher quality stand out form the bunch....
Old 12-15-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
The problem is they are streamlining them so much, that without being identical, you often think they are. And also, they are streamlined between VW, Seat and Skoda as well. Only Audis with their bespoke Infotainment, switchgear and generally higher quality stand out form the bunch....
While I admit it's boring, at least it's done in a proper way. Ergonomics is usually perfect and the switchgear is of a good quality (for it's class) and has a nice feeling to the touch. And while interiors may contain some nasty plastics, the parts you have the most interaction with are of a good quality.

IMO this aspect is way better resolved in VAG products than comparable Opels, Fords and some Japanese.

So I don't think anyone is complaining they have a solid switchgear from VW in their Seats and Skodas, while in Giulietta you have flimsy stalks lifted straight from Punto.