CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-19-2020, 03:48 AM
Naga Royal Guard's Avatar
Naga Royal Guard Naga Royal Guard is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rear Differential
Posts: 4,844
Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Mullets are cooler than these short slick hair / large beard / moustache shit going on now
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-21-2020, 08:02 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 9,829
mick78 will become famous soon enough
Default

Apparently Toyota has trademarked the Harrier name for the US; If this is only to block the usage by someone else or actually hints at this becoming international, is uncertain though;

Whilst it could in theory be a more car like upscale RAV-4 below the Highlander (And we know everything CUV-ish sells), I just see it - aslo visually - too close to the Lexus NX to not cannibalize sales form the certainly more profitable NX; SO unless the NX get'S somehow reinvented (more coupe like, or becoming RWD based somehow), I just don't see this to make sense next to it; Then again, Tthe Volkswagen conglomerate has every CUV competing with at least 5 other models in teh same showroom by now, more or less....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-21-2020, 01:26 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,144
pjl35 is on a distinguished road
Default

Then again, a new NX is due in a year or so, so depending on what it looks like etc this could be visually distinct from a next gen NX.
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-21-2020, 11:34 PM
2o6 2o6 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,861
2o6 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Apparently Toyota has trademarked the Harrier name for the US; If this is only to block the usage by someone else or actually hints at this becoming international, is uncertain though;

Whilst it could in theory be a more car like upscale RAV-4 below the Highlander (And we know everything CUV-ish sells), I just see it - aslo visually - too close to the Lexus NX to not cannibalize sales form the certainly more profitable NX; SO unless the NX get'S somehow reinvented (more coupe like, or becoming RWD based somehow), I just don't see this to make sense next to it; Then again, Tthe Volkswagen conglomerate has every CUV competing with at least 5 other models in teh same showroom by now, more or less....
In the USA, the NX is much more expensive than the RAV4, and are sold at different (much nicer) dealers. There are no "Toyota/Lexus" dealers.


I could see the Harrier being sold as a styling option to the RAV4 (Similarly how the Bronco Sport is a restyled Escape), but I don't think it will intrude on the Lexus NX.

I mean, even Ford will have three FWD-based SUV's on sale soon; the Escape, Bronco Sport, and the Lincoln Corsair.
__________________
Eh.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-22-2020, 12:09 AM
paranoidgarliclover paranoidgarliclover is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,994
paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
I could see the Harrier being sold as a styling option to the RAV4 (Similarly how the Bronco Sport is a restyled Escape), but I don't think it will intrude on the Lexus NX.
Or it could just replace the NX entirely.

But not quite sure why Toyota why trademark the name, if it didn't plan to use it (although I'm sure such things happen all the time). "Harrier" is not something that's going to have name recognition w/ the US public (and thus isn't something they need to rush to trademark), and no Lexus products use non-numeric names.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-22-2020, 12:22 AM
2o6 2o6 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,861
2o6 is on a distinguished road
Default

It wouldn't replace the NX - the NX is a strong seller and Lexus dealers had been clamoring for a smaller-than-RX crossover for years.


Also, the Harrier isn't as nice as the NX. Even in Japan, both the NX and the Harrier are sold in the same market. A base NX is $10,000 USD more expensive than a base Harrier.

Base to base, the Harrier is more expensive than the RAV4, but not by that much.
__________________
Eh.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-22-2020, 12:40 AM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,144
pjl35 is on a distinguished road
Default

Then again, brands trademark names in the US all the time they never end up using. I also can’t see a car called “Harrier” actually selling here...
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-22-2020, 03:03 AM
Naga Royal Guard's Avatar
Naga Royal Guard Naga Royal Guard is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Rear Differential
Posts: 4,844
Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Given some of Dodge's names, I see nothing wrong with it.

Magnum
Caliber
Dart

no Dodge MOAB?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-22-2020, 03:37 AM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,144
pjl35 is on a distinguished road
Default

I was referring to it sounding way too much like “hairy” or “hairier.” Not because it might be a specific type of firearm, not to mention none of those names are still on sale.
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost

Last edited by pjl35; 04-22-2020 at 03:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-22-2020, 08:16 AM
mick78 mick78 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 9,829
mick78 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
In the USA, the NX is much more expensive than the RAV4, and are sold at different (much nicer) dealers. There are no "Toyota/Lexus" dealers.


I could see the Harrier being sold as a styling option to the RAV4 (Similarly how the Bronco Sport is a restyled Escape), but I don't think it will intrude on the Lexus NX.

I mean, even Ford will have three FWD-based SUV's on sale soon; the Escape, Bronco Sport, and the Lincoln Corsair.
The Escape/Bronco Sport scenario is certainly what would make sense for Toyota; However, given how similar this looks to a Lexus in general, and what someone would expect of nice, evolutionary NX in and outside, I just think the NX would need to be more different. But then again, we have the Camry/Avalon/Lexus ES trio, which is also related and not thaaaaat different, so who knows. This at least looks better - by a lot - than the Toyota Venza did...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy