Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2020, 10:13 AM
CSS Oldtimer

2o6 is on a distinguished road

The Camry, Avalon, and ES are definitely separate cars though.

The Avalon is a much larger car than the Camry - and the ES is nicer than both - and once again sold at a different dealer to different clientele. Yeah, they're all riding on TNGA K and have similar powertrains, but the refinement and tuning between the three are not the same. Not to mention the styling and the fact they share no body panels.

Now, if the ES was called the "Camry ES" and sold at the Toyota dealer, I could see your point. But there's definitely space for all those models.

Also, this car is much smaller than the Toyota Venza; both shorter and narrower. The Venza wouldn't be a direct competitor, either.

Last edited by 2o6; 04-22-2020 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:37 AM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2o6 View Post
The Camry, Avalon, and ES are definitely separate cars though.

The Avalon is a much larger car than the Camry - and the ES is nicer than both - and once again sold at a different dealer to different clientele. Yeah, they're all riding on TNGA K and have similar powertrains, but the refinement and tuning between the three are not the same. Not to mention the styling and the fact they share no body panels.

Now, if the ES was called the "Camry ES" and sold at the Toyota dealer, I could see your point. But there's definitely space for all those models.

Also, this car is much smaller than the Toyota Venza; both shorter and narrower. The Venza wouldn't be a direct competitor, either.
I suppose this, the RAV 4 and the upcoming NX would probably not share body parts either, if the Harrier does indeed become a global car; I was just using the ES as an example because many people like to refer to as the "Lexus Camry". Which, if thhis was sold alongside the NX, would make for a "Toyota NX" or "Lexus Harrier", in perception of many.

I was using the Venza also because recent reports suggest that TOyota wants to offer something smaller, 5 seat only and thus sportier below/alongside the Highlander, kind of what the VEnza wanted to be, just this time more of a traditional SUV/CUV without the hints of MPV that the Venza had; Again, if that is true as is the registration of the Harrier name,well, it would clearly hint at this being that car.

But so far I guess we are speculating a lot. The whole "COVID global car market crash" might reshape model plans soon anyway....
Old 04-22-2020, 10:55 AM
CSS Oldtimer

I guess. The Harrier is too small and narrow to be a "Venza" replacement. Although the Venza may have been too station wagon like; it still was a much wider and longer car than the a contemporary RAV4. The Harrier is basically a RAV4 styled differently, they're the same size.

Also, once again, the different dealer network has really separated Toyota and Lexus in the minds of a lot of US consumers. The Lexus dealership experience is far more premium than the Toyota dealer experience - that alone puts distance between the NX and the Harrier.

A new Venza would likely be a SWB Highlander in concept - similar to the Ford Edge, Chevy Blazer, or new Honda Passport.

But I could always be wrong - the new Harrier puts is bigger than the old one - longer than the RAV4, but the same width, and not as wide as the Highlander. The width is the key thing here.

Last edited by 2o6; 04-22-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:18 PM

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Officially coming to the U.S. as the 2021 Venza. Thread updated:

https://www.motor1.com/news/423753/2...za-first-look/

Last edited by pjl35; 05-18-2020 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:40 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Crash is on a distinguished road

Will do well for them...itís handsome and a mid size for people who think the Rav is too small.

From what Iíve read, the biggest problem with the Rav is nobody can get the hybrid version as itís too popular...
Old 05-18-2020, 07:41 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great news, Dickslap time!
Old 05-18-2020, 07:41 PM
CSS Veteran

Blackraven is on a distinguished road

Interesting.

I'm guessing this will be Made in Japan?
Old 05-18-2020, 07:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Naga Royal Guard is an unknown quantity at this point

hybrid only, Awd

it's like a sexy prius SUV..
Old 05-18-2020, 07:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Hm, I was wrong.

It’s good looking in USDM guise, but I feel like there should be a larger engine option as well. I feel like that 2.5 hybrid might alienate buyers who want a faster car.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:51 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

The equipment is very impressive (electrochroamatic dimming sunroof??? 1200W JBL stereo???). I think this will appeal to those who something more upscale than a RAV4, and I'd certainly be interested in it (although it's a bit bigger than I would ideally like). Not quite sure why this just doesn't replace the NX300, though. Also not quite sure how they made the car 5 inches longer than the RAV4 and somehow gave it slightly less cargo capacity (sloping backlight, I guess).

Last edited by paranoidgarliclover; 05-18-2020 at 09:02 PM.