Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2007, 08:42 AM

well it's bland and i just read a review (autobild family) that talks about cheap plastics inside...

i really can't see this car being a hit

Old 02-05-2007, 08:46 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Default Re: (Ignorance)

Mate which cars DO u like??

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 02-05-2007, 08:56 AM

oh i like some cars :) just i don't like all of them. i mean the auris looks bland. i haven't seen it live but i don't really find it interisting. doesn't mean i hate it but i really don't think of it as being appealing, even if it never breaks down.

for example in the C segment i like the new bravo, i think tha astra and the civic are good cars AND are good looking, the 147 is great but getting old. the a3 is nice but overpriced. and the focus is ok (great to drive, although i don't love the looks too much. not that it looks bad it just doesn't turn my head. and ford is always cheap with the equipment on it's small cars). i also liked the looks of the pre-facelift 5door megane, but not the interior. the pre facelift 307 was ok in sporty versions even if it was a little too "fat"

see :)?

Old 02-05-2007, 09:23 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Default Re: (Ignorance)

OK
But i have doubts about the review that said Auris had cheap plastics. Not that a Toyota is above all doubt or anything, just that so far quality have been top notch, especially in Corollas. I think it looks bland as well though, no doubt about it although interior is top

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 02-05-2007, 09:52 AM

well toyotas are usually well put together but aren't always filled with top notch materials.. ie the old yaris was well built but a little "plasticky".

what the article says is something like this (translated):

speaking of the interior

"...but before turning on the engine we look around the cabin. like on the yaris we find the practical double glove compartment in front of the passenger seat, but - unfortunately- even the quality of the plastics is the same: excellent for a "citycar", just above acceptable for the C segment"

and carmagazine says:

"However, we were mightily disappointed by the large swathes of tacky, black plastic on the dash. There's not even an excuse for soft-touch plastics here - just an expanse of shininess. 'Regular customers didn't mind it in our clinics', said an engineer. Just goes to show the danger in trusting clinics, we say."

i've also read on another magazine that it's better than the corolla inside, but i've never been in a corolla so i wouldn't be able to say how significant that is.

PS oh i actually like the c30 too

Old 02-05-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: (CosworthKid)

Quote, originally posted by CosworthKid »
OK
But i have doubts about the review that said Auris had cheap plastics. Not that a Toyota is above all doubt or anything, just that so far quality have been top notch, especially in Corollas. I think it looks bland as well though, no doubt about it although interior is top

its hard to comment without seeing the car really... In AutoExpress they also commented how interior is bland, but thats just stupid - I dont know how much different an interior can be while still being functional. From the pics, Corolla interior looks top notch.

It will be interesting to see how fold flat seats work as well, if it is as good and as easy as in Rav4, it is huge selling feature just there...

I will test drive one in 2 weeks, so we will see...

Old 02-05-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: (spwolf)

After seeing the Auris and the Corolla, I have to say there is nothing new. Corolla is just like little facelifted old( current ) corolla and "All New" Auris is just Corolla Hatchback with new name. Pretty boring. and i hate the Yaris-like face of tha Auris.

You Have to buy Linea Sol Plus to get all the things you got in the old Linea Sol. They are saying the price isnĀ“t going to rise much. but they just compares old Linea Sol with New Linea Sol. and you get less gadgets.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:16 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Yeah i agree. Btw u did understand that by bland i was describing the car itself, and by top the interior design right?

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 02-05-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: (CosworthKid)

Quote, originally posted by CosworthKid »
Yeah i agree. Btw u did understand that by bland i was describing the car itself, and by top the interior design right?

as much as I remember, they specifically reffered to interior... How there is nothing new and not spacious (mind you - one button fold flat seats, and double storage bins are first), which is just dumb.

It is hard to understand what really happens - is that they are using to driving expensive cars or what?

For instance, few reviews pointed diesel as noisy - the same diesel that is the quietest 4cly diesel I have ever driven in Avensis, considerably quieter than more powerful unit in Rav4. Again, it is hard to see why - is it because they also drove petrol engine before? Possibly... Then again, different reviewer points out how refined the whole car and engines are.

How do 2 different journalists come up with 2 different stories really?

How do you sit in Golf interior and call Auris interior boring really? I mean that takes a lot of courage itself :-).

I will let you guys know what I think, as I have quite nice experience in Toyota products :-)

Old 02-05-2007, 04:11 PM
CSS Oldtimer

AutoExpress just tested the Auris against the Focus, Golf and the Civic. The Civic was first, the Focus was second, the Golf was third and the Auris was placed last. I was surprised.
I was going to post the link, but I had to register to continue viewing. You can check it out on their website.