Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2005, 12:29 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville
Default Re: (wdc)

I can see with the coach doors (the auto manufacturers don't like to refer to them as suicide doors), height, grill theme and side sculpting, it favors the Phantom... not a bad thing. I don't think the coach/suicide doors will reach production, or I could be wrong: I was informed that there are custom suicide-door conversions available (or soon available) for the 300/300C, just like with the scissor/Lamborghini-style (front) doors. At one of my car shows/cruise nights in '05, there was a gentleman with a custom 300 with the scissor front doors, and he informed me of this, claiming he was going to go for the suicide rear doors addition to his ride in '06.
Also, the concept, as I said previously, appears to have 22" wheels. I understand the LX platform is engineered to accept 22" wheels as max through tuners and customizers. All the SRT's have 20" wheels, and the Imperial, being high-end and lower volume, could have 20 inchers. Engine-wise, it'll have to have the 5.7L hemi as base and the SRT 6.1L upgrade.

Modified by 63Bonneville at 12:52 PM 12/29/2005
Old 12-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member

This is a smart move by DCX. I can't wait to see it. This will be a huge sales success.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: (Banker)

Why not something like this

Chrysler New Yorker by Peter

that was my contest-entry in few years ago

Old 12-30-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: (jesse)

Thanks for the better pics. That looks awesome!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: (Charger)

What stroke me about this car is, that a few days ago it occured to me, that Chrysler could make a bigger-better-more luxurious version of 300C.

And now I see these pictures...

I don't believe in telepathy and all that mental stuff, but it's strange, isn't it?

Old 12-30-2005, 11:48 AM
CSS Veteran

That tail end looks awesome, very crossfire-y
Old 12-30-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: (...DamagedProphet...)

Looks like I will be the naysayer, this car is not attractive. It reminds me of the first generation Korean attempts at 'luxury' cars. Very poor surface development. I dislike the high beltline, but that's a personal preference. This car looks more like an old Checker Cab than an Imperial: http://www.checkertaxistand.co...o.php

Old 12-30-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: (Soul Man)

Quote, originally posted by Soul Man »
personally i dislike the fact that the imperial mimicks the phantom so much. i mean the 300 mimicked a bentley in the front end, but it was done more of an imitation is the sincereist form of flattery type thing, becuase everywhere else the car has a boldness that really cant be compared to a bentley, it pretty much just the nose. this car on the other hand just reaks RR phantom to me, and not ina good way. ina ll honesty if some chinese automaker had been showing this off wed rpobably all be screaming at the fact that they are getting away with copying a phantom and selling it for less. this imperials design is just wya to unoriginal, i understand part of it is to mimick a higher end car as the 300 did and succeeded, but this just goes to the point of nearly copying. frankly im pretty dissapointed at chrysler at this point, but ills ave my true and final thoughts until i atleast see oem better pics, hopefully if chrysler does produce this theyll make the production one a little more original

I couldn┬Łt have said it better, you said just what i was going to say

Old 12-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Default Re: (-Peter-)

Quote, originally posted by Soul Man »
personally i dislike the fact that the imperial mimicks the phantom so much. i mean the 300 mimicked a bentley in the front end, but it was done more of an imitation is the sincereist form of flattery type thing, becuase everywhere else the car has a boldness that really cant be compared to a bentley, it pretty much just the nose. this car on the other hand just reaks RR phantom to me, and not ina good way. ina ll honesty if some chinese automaker had been showing this off wed rpobably all be screaming at the fact that they are getting away with copying a phantom and selling it for less. this imperials design is just wya to unoriginal, i understand part of it is to mimick a higher end car as the 300 did and succeeded, but this just goes to the point of nearly copying. frankly im pretty dissapointed at chrysler at this point, but ills ave my true and final thoughts until i atleast see oem better pics, hopefully if chrysler does produce this theyll make the production one a little more original

Sadly, thats very true.

I think that it looks a little like a Rolls Royce Phantom given the age old Bentley treatment.