Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2018, 04:46 AM
The Lurker

Nicktyelor is on a distinguished road

Such awkward proportions. This angle isn't doing it any favors.... This view of the rear is also very unfortunate. Hate the sqyared off wheel wells still. But the front is one of Lexus' better efforts (I don't find their older ones aging very well).

The back end teaser looked the most promising with the light bar and "fins." Hopefully that'll help this along...
Old 03-06-2018, 12:59 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

https://www.netcarshow.com/lexus/2019-ux/

Many more pics;

Rear end looks a bit awkward, bit to be fair, so did the NX on first pics, and that I really like in flesh; the front view of the grey model is better, but II must say the interior looks very high quality(and minimalist), certainly has the Germans licked in that department;

engine wise, now we know for the start it comes with the new 2.0 engine, and the new "Direct Shift-CVT", that combines a CVT with a normal first gear auto box for more linear driving (sounds technically interesting), as well as the new, more powerful hybrid combo (again with the new 2.0 engine) seen earlier this week and today in the new Auris (where it puts out 180hp), but here it comes with e-Four, so an additional electrical engine at the rear axle to enable 4WD (as we know form NX and RX models)
Old 03-06-2018, 01:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

ocn75 is on a distinguished road

The side surfacing and square wheel arches are woeful, and the rear end isn't much better. Woeful pretty much sums up this design mess.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

The rear looks even worse than the front. Disappointed with the interior as well - it's relation to the CH-R is extremely apparent inside.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:02 PM
Raconteur

swizzle is on a distinguished road

The pictures make it look narrow and ill proportioned. Even the tail lights being horizontal cannot help.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:05 PM
CSS Oldtimer

mick78 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
it's relation to the CH-R is extremely apparent inside.

How? It doesn't seem to share a single switch or button, or even shape with the C_HR (which IMO does have a nice interior, to start with)
Old 03-06-2018, 02:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

pjl35 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post

How? It doesn't seem to share a single switch or button, or even shape with the C_HR (which IMO does have a nice interior, to start with)
Didn't say it shared parts, but it does indeed share the shape and layout is very much the same (indicative of the relationship between them).

Notice the overall shape of the dash (where the center stack curves towards the driver, then straightens back out in the passenger area), obvious vent placement and screen similarities, small row of buttons/controls directly below the center vents, etc.

Obviously, some resemblance is unavoidable, but I see the CH-R hiding underneath a little too much.

Last edited by pjl35; 03-06-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

paranoidgarliclover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
(where it puts out 180hp)
It puts out 168 bhp in the UX: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...-revealed-news

While I'm sure that's totally sufficiently for daily driving, it sounds pretty pathetic to me.

C&D also has an article elsewhere about the new CVT.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:04 PM
CSS Oldtimer

ocn75 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The rear looks even worse than the front.
I was going to say the same thing in a previous post. The front (terrible in itself) is arguably the most well resolved aspect of the whole design.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:01 PM

Levi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Didn't say it shared parts, but it does indeed share the shape and layout is very much the same (indicative of the relationship between them).

Obviously, some resemblance is unavoidable, but I see the CH-R hiding underneath a little too much.
Like when all VW resemble their Skoda and Seat variants? But it is a 30K car. Ever seen how much more blatantly Bentley resembles its Audi and Porsche variants? Doesn't seem to bother you though.