Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2018, 12:29 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysnkisses View Post
there's no accounting for poor taste and why the Mazda 3 isn't a better seller is a mystery to me.
In Canada - the 3 is a massive seller for them. Mazda is actually a very meaningful player up here! So it baffles me why they're not stronger in the US.

This said - their success up here is despite themselves. Their sales staff are beyond useless; in fact - they're the reason we DID NOT buy a Mazda 3 for my wife.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:16 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
In Canada - the 3 is a massive seller for them. Mazda is actually a very meaningful player up here! So it baffles me why they're not stronger in the US.

This said - their success up here is despite themselves. Their sales staff are beyond useless; in fact - they're the reason we DID NOT buy a Mazda 3 for my wife.
Mazda doesn't chase EZ financing deals like Honda does.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:26 PM
CSS Oldtimer

The tail of the hatch looks too stubby and awkward - the hatch generally looks like a mess and is one of least attractive and desirable hatches on sale IMO.

I do like the general shape and design of the sedan, but the design is letdown by messy detailing, particularly around the nose, and together with the fact that there are better alternatives, these would be enough for me to discount considering it as a purchase or future lease.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

My Euro roots are showing. I like the Hatchback better. More practical. Then I was one of the few back in 1987 who bought a hatchback version of the Chevy Nova.....
Old 08-13-2018, 07:21 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Super minor facelift for 2019, no interior pics yet but sounds like it's identical save for an updated infotainment system with the volume knob returning:

"Visually, the compact models stand out from their restyled front bumper and apron, upper and lower grilles, and halogen and LED headlights.

At the rear end, the four-door version gets a chrome accent on the lower part of the bumper, whereas the larger 18-inch rims found on the Touring trim round up the list of styling updates.

New for the 2019MY is the Honda Civic Sport. The grade slots between the LX and EX and comes packed with piano black lower front end and side pod accents. The Sedan adds a decklid spoiler and splitter-style rear lower bumper that incorporates a polygonal exhaust tip with chrome look, similar to the Civic Si

---

The final upgrade Honda prepared for the 2019 Civic Sedan and Coupe is the addition of the Honda Sensing driving assistance suite, which is now standard on all grades.

Part of their commitment to offer it at no extra cost on all vehicles by 2022, it brings Collision Mitigation Braking System with Forward Collision Warning, Road Departure Mitigation with Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assist, and Adaptive Cruise Control."

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/08/20...rade-new-tech/
Old 08-13-2018, 08:26 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Every time I look at that grill, I shake my head. There is no flow to it. I can't understand the logic behind it; it certainly wouldn't help with aerodynamics, it doesn't flow into another piece of the face that makes you go 'ohhhh - ok, now I get it', the lines are all over the place. The new Insight is a VASTLY better execution of this face.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:47 PM
Raconteur

Ditching the chrome made it uglier.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:46 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Ditching the chrome made it uglier.
Interesting, personally I'd say that ditching the chrome tones down the amount of detailing (of which there was plenty), and thus improves the looks. The grille looks way less busy (mostly because the details don't stand out in black), and thus cleaner and sportier.

Unlike teh hatchback Ciivic, the sedan is IMO quite a pretty car, and this version is even better...
Old 08-14-2018, 01:08 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
Interesting, personally I'd say that ditching the chrome tones down the amount of detailing (of which there was plenty), and thus improves the looks. The grille looks way less busy (mostly because the details don't stand out in black), and thus cleaner and sportier.

Unlike teh hatchback Ciivic, the sedan is IMO quite a pretty car, and this version is even better...
The car is still a mess of discordant lines. Ditching the chrome gives it the look uncovering of the mounting surfaces the chrome was stuck to. They needed to fix the hideous tail lights and they didn't. The Civic has a great shape and very attractive proportions all of which is ruined by "Pontiac" surface detailing.