There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2013, 12:45 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default Broken Car Advice

Hey guys!

About a month ago I leased a 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0 awd.

So last week it started with my check engine light. On Wednesday, the check engine light came on and in the message center it said 'engine power is reduced'. Thursday it was just the check engine light. Then I brought the car in to the dealer Friday, at which point everything seemed back to normal. They did an error code check on my car and said that there was some sort of problem with the oil pressure. They said they checked for leaks and it all seemed OK.

Yesterday, I was driving back from a weekend away (about 150 miles or so) and the interior chime started beeping and the message center said 'oil pressure low, please turn off car'. So I pulled into a rest stop, at which point the car started stalling and sounding like a Mac Truck. The car starts but does not run or drive. The dealer told me that likely the whole entire engine needs to be replaced because the oil pump failed.

I'm very wary about taking the same car back with a new engine since its so new. I feel like this could create potential problems down the road. I would really like them to give me an entirely new car. Any advice?