Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2015, 08:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2016 Renault Megane

After the 3rd/4th facelift of the current, an all new model is now around the corner.

http://www.autobild.de/bilder/erlkoe...257.html#bild1

Click through gallery for more shots (I know text is in German)

To be shown in Frankfurt on this year's IAA, and on sale from early 2016; Technical surprises are not to be expected, engine range should contain most new small displacement TCe engines and some Diesels; Also it seems, that for the first time Renault is taking an evolutionary design approach at their compact, so far every generation was a more or less big departure from the previous generation
Old 06-10-2015, 07:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/06/sco...16-megane.html

Shaping up. Not looking bad. A bit like a Mercedes A-Class (I wonder if it is related, given the Mercedes/Renault connection)

Old 06-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Blue crazy moderator

While it appears to be a potential looker, it's a shame it doesn't resemble the EOLAB concept more (i.e. looks smaller and sharper), that could have been a successful look for the brand IMO.
Just browsing? Join the conversation!

Keep up to date with the community rules

Join the official CarSpyShots Facebook Group
Old 08-03-2015, 04:49 PM
CSS Veteran

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...-mature-design

Considering how much design DNA is now shared between Renault and Nissan, I wish I understood why more Renaults didn't just come to the US badged as a Nissan. For example, stick a trunk on this and call it the Sentra--it would certainly be better than the current car, which strives for mediocrity in every way.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:34 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/mo...-mature-design

Considering how much design DNA is now shared between Renault and Nissan, I wish I understood why more Renaults didn't just come to the US badged as a Nissan...
Agreed. We could be buying the Nissan Talisman instead of the horrid Altima and Maxima.

I would wonder how much overlap there is in Europe.

Does Renault do ear-splitting CVTs?

Last edited by swizzle; 08-04-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:38 AM
CSS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Does Renault do ear-splitting CVTs?
No--they use a DCT. Of course, considering how bad so many DCTs out there are in terms of either shift quality or reliability (or both), I'm not sure if we're getting the worse end of that bargain.

Still though--why develop two separate automatic transmissions? Or two different telematics systems?

I understand why some Renaults are wholly different from the Nissan cousin--Nissan is pretty big in Europe, so there needs to be a distinct Kadjar and a distinct Qashqai, which in turn leads to the Rogue here in the US. But the Altima basically exists only for the US, and the Talisman--which is within a centimeter of the Altima in every dimension--exists everywhere BUT here. A few nips and tucks inside and out to reflect American tastes, and the insertion of Nissan's venerable 2.5-L four and V6, and you could easily have a next-generation Altima while saving a ton of coin for both companies.

And isn't that the point of these kinds of mergers?
Old 08-04-2015, 07:19 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I would wonder how much overlap their is in Europe.
I think the only Nissan's sold on both sides of the pond are the Juke, the Rogue (as x-Trail) and the GT-R. The Juke has a Renault cousin (the Capture), which is very different in character, the Rogue and the very similar Qashqai have the Kadjar and upcoming 7 seat Koleos as cousins, teh only Renault/Nissan cars to have similar styling and character thus target group here in Europe (but everyone has md sized CUVs,, so that's hardly a problem).

Though Nissan is big in Europe, they mostly sell CUVs, for years the only regular "car" they had on offer was the Micra, which in it's current generation is just as horrible as the sedan version of it, the Versa. now we have the Pulsar, which, apart form generous rear leg room and good kit, shines only through mediocrity and dullness.....