Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2017, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
It's better looking than the upcoming VW T-Crap, but the Stonic kills it.
No worries, as you won't be able to buy one in the U.S. anyway.

Stonic is ok, but I'd take (almost) any Seat over Kia - they simply drive and look better.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:40 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by madskillz View Post
No worries, as you won't be able to buy one in the U.S. anyway.

Stonic is ok, but I'd take (almost) any Seat over Kia - they simply drive and look better.
And given that they are VWs under it, they will have the same poor reliability and other VW woes that the Kia simply won't have. Unfortunately we will be getting the Troc.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:34 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
And given that they are VWs under it, they will have the same poor reliability and other VW woes that the Kia simply won't have. Unfortunately we will be getting the Troc.
Never had a single issue with my VW since i bought it 4 years ago. 50,000km later it still makes me happy to drive it.

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 06-22-2017, 01:15 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
Never had a single issue with my VW since i bought it 4 years ago. 50,000km later it still makes me happy to drive it.
In the United States, VW's reliability is not only below average, but well documented as such. Thus my comment about the Kia.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosworthKid View Post
same here with my GTI. 7 years and counting. I can't say the same about my 2000 BMW 323Ci, lots of trouble with that one (though I still miss it).
Old 06-22-2017, 09:20 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Personally, I had a torrid time with my Mk6 Golf GTI and problems with the Mk6 were well documented (particularly detonating DSGs), but I don't hear or read of many complaints or problems with the Mk7. Perhaps VW have upped their game with quality and / or reliability?
Old 06-23-2017, 12:45 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
Personally, I had a torrid time with my Mk6 Golf GTI and problems with the Mk6 were well documented (particularly detonating DSGs), but I don't hear or read of many complaints or problems with the Mk7. Perhaps VW have upped their game with quality and / or reliability?
what DSG problems did you have with yours? 42k miles here, 6 speed DSG, no issues - knock on wood.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:19 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysnkisses View Post
what DSG problems did you have with yours? 42k miles here, 6 speed DSG, no issues - knock on wood.
Good to hear you haven't had problems.

I didn't have a DSG. Problems I had with mine: engine (wastegate) rattle from first week of ownership (common problem; lengthy fix); sun visor rattle (common problem); sunroof rattle; driver's window which squealed like a pig when opening it; guzzled oil. Great car, but at $50K new, I expected better.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:13 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
Good to hear you haven't had problems.

I didn't have a DSG. Problems I had with mine: engine (wastegate) rattle from first week of ownership (common problem; lengthy fix); sun visor rattle (common problem); sunroof rattle; driver's window which squealed like a pig when opening it; guzzled oil. Great car, but at $50K new, I expected better.
whoa! sorry to hear. Nothing like that with mine. My only complaint is the turbo lag, which, coupled with a certain transmission lag too, makes me miss my BMW stick shift. This was my first and last auto tranny, and if I can help it, my first and last turbo too. I'm rather go back to a naturally aspirated engine, though they're harder to come by now.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysnkisses View Post
whoa! sorry to hear. Nothing like that with mine. My only complaint is the turbo lag, which, coupled with a certain transmission lag too, makes me miss my BMW stick shift. This was my first and last auto tranny, and if I can help it, my first and last turbo too. I'm rather go back to a naturally aspirated engine, though they're harder to come by now.
A few months back, I bit the bullet and leased another Golf GTI (after previously vowing not to). It's a Mk 7 with DSG and it has had none of the issues of the Mk6. The transmission lag you mention is about is my only complaint - I do miss the stick shift too.