Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2017, 07:34 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Total the 3 top sellers here and you're over a million. Total all the segment and... Your point?
The poinrt is some 40% or so of all cars sold in Europe are C-segment (according to some statistic). Plus margins in Europe are quite good, as they are not seen as "econo" cars ´here. To be big in Europe, you need to shift cars in the c-segment. Elsewhere, other segments are more important, that does not necessarily mean that those markets don't deserve good products in the C-segment..
Old 07-11-2017, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
The poinrt is some 40% or so of all cars sold in Europe are C-segment (according to some statistic). Plus margins in Europe are quite good, as they are not seen as "econo" cars ´here. To be big in Europe, you need to shift cars in the c-segment. Elsewhere, other segments are more important, that does not necessarily mean that those markets don't deserve good products in the C-segment..
This is a good point. Europeans are willing to pay FAR more for a C-segment car than either their Asian or North American counterparts are, hence the birth of the premium small hatch, a segment which is largely a footnote in the US market, with some cars such as the BMW 1-Series, Mercedes-Benz A-Class and Volvo V40 not even offered for sale in the United States, because their makers know that they're too expensive for what Americans routinely see as "economy" cars.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:49 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
The poinrt is ...
The point is that if you total up the number of sales of C segment vehicles in NA, you're pushing 2 million units so it's an important segment here too.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:29 AM
CSS Oldtimer

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/07/new...d-looking.html

A different model, with bigger wheels testing, and somehow looking better in tehse shots. Still with rather long overhangs, but more dynamic looking:

Old 07-13-2017, 09:14 AM
CSS Ford Psychopath

Personally i don't see an issue with overhangs, it looks large yes, but not ungainly. I'' reserve judgement till more camo is off. Surprised no renders are out yet..

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 07-13-2017, 12:40 PM
CSS Oldtimer

I think the face of the Fusion, Focus, Fiesta, etc is starting to get long in the tooth (although it still looks good). I wish we'd see something new.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:29 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I think the face of the Fusion, Focus, Fiesta, etc is starting to get long in the tooth (although it still looks good). I wish we'd see something new.
Agree. You'd think there would have been some evolution of it with the Fiesta refresh. But no.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:33 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
I kind of would prefer the oval badge inside the grille, it looks surprisingly good on the Euro transit facelift. That way there would also be more of a "family look" with the SUV grilles
Old 07-25-2017, 07:51 AM
CSS Oldtimer

https://www.motor1.com/photo/2244085...gon-spy-photo/

This time, the Estate has been spied; I suspect that just like with the current generation, this will be mostly for Europe (where estates account for roughly 50 or more % of c-segment sales)

Old 07-25-2017, 01:59 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Hmmm. Hopefully it's the camo, but this variant (unlike the hatch and sedan) looks somewhat cumbersome. Not doing it for me so far, have to say.