Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Default 2018 Jaguar I-Pace

Does this work?

Ok apparently this is another model and not connected with the E-pace, which is why they look different of course, as pj pointed out.

Last edited by Ascariss; 03-08-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:47 PM
CSS Oldtimer

This is distinct from the E Pace based on the spy shots so it probably warrants a separate thread. Glad to see it's going from concept to production with little changed.

This is the E-Pace:

Last edited by pjl35; 03-08-2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:47 PM

I don't know I- from E-Pace, but, IMHO, the car pictured looks "cheap."
Old 03-09-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
I don't see anything cheap. It looks more expensive than a Tesla, while being cheaper in price. Tesla is expensive for how they look and build quality.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
I agree. It looks like a Japanese hatchback with a Jaguar face grafted on.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:09 PM
CSS Oldtimer

So far, in the one picture we've seen, it looks nearly identical to the concept, which you both loved.

Quote:
Having said that, I think this is a knock out and exactly what Jaguar needs. Futuristic, sexy, and also somewhat practical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
The I Pace is truly lovely. If they could do for it what Lexus did with the LC500, they would have a winner. DO NOT water down the design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
That could be something that suddenly makes Jaguar's sales less laughably bad in the USA. Great look with loads of potential to find garages.

Last edited by pjl35; 03-09-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
So far, in the one picture we've seen, it looks nearly identical to the concept, which you both loved.
I did indeed like the concept. And I actually don't think the Instgram car spy pic looks that much like the concept in the detailing. I see a pronounced front quarter window (which screams "econocar" to me), and I see a much higher rising beltline (could just be angle of the pic). I also see a much more sloping roofline and somewhat flatter side surfacing. The concept (I just looked at pics again) had a much "fatter" and more aggressive stance.

Altogether, the effect is more lifted hatch (which looks very cheap to me), rather than squashed SUV (which looks much more sporty and modern, IMHO).

Again, it could all be the angle of the spy pic. Some cars just have angles that are flattering. At the auto show where I saw the concept, the platform was elevated, so I would not have been able to see the car from "above."

BTW, I didn't see your post b/f I made my post (looks we posted at the same time). I think the car in your spy pic looks very nice (and, again, it does not appear to be the exact same car).

Last edited by paranoidgarliclover; 03-09-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:49 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
I did indeed like the concept. And I actually don't think the Instgram car spy pic looks that much like the concept in the detailing. I see a pronounced front quarter window (which screams "econocar" to me), and I see a much higher rising beltline (could just be angle of the pic). I also see a much more sloping roofline and somewhat flatter side surfacing. The concept (I just looked at pics again) had a much "fatter" and more aggressive stance.

Altogether, the effect is more lifted hatch (which looks very cheap to me), rather than squashed SUV (which looks much more sporty and modern, IMHO).

Again, it could all be the angle of the spy pic. Some cars just have angles that are flattering. At the auto show where I saw the concept, the platform was elevated, so I would not have been able to see the car from "above."

BTW, I didn't see your post b/f I made my post (looks we posted at the same time). I think the car in your spy pic looks very nice (and, again, it does not appear to be the exact same car).
I have a strong suspicion it's the angle of the picture. The side surfacing and details upfront all appear to be covered by the "wrap" camo plastic they have on it.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
I have a strong suspicion it's the angle of the picture. The side surfacing and details upfront all appear to be covered by the "wrap" camo plastic they have on it.
But I'm also confused. There is an I-Pace and there is an E-Pace? Which one did the concept preview again???
Old 03-09-2017, 08:29 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
But I'm also confused. There is an I-Pace and there is an E-Pace? Which one did the concept preview again???
The concept previewed this, the I-Pace, the electric vehicle.

The E-Pace is just a smaller crossover to slot below the F-Pace, which will likely be gasoline only. I posted a pic of the E-Pace because this thread was originally part of the E-Pace thread (it wasn't known that the I-Pace was distinct, so I posted the pic I did for clarification that they're separate vehicles).

Last edited by pjl35; 03-09-2017 at 08:34 PM.