CarSpyShots
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-18-2017, 04:26 PM
Swallow Doretti Swallow Doretti is offline
CSS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,208
Default The New World Order

With GM's announcement today that it is ceasing operations in India, South Africa and East Africa, there's a good chance that the global rankings of automakers by size will look vastly different in 2018 than it has previously:

1) Nissan-Renault-Mitsubishi
2) Toyota
3) Volkswagen Group
4) Hyundai-Kia
5) General Motors
6) Ford Motor Co
7) FCA
8) PSA
9) Honda

There's also a chance PSA may pass FCA before the decade is out

Who would have expected any of this?
__________________
2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited Ultimate
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-18-2017, 07:28 PM
Modern Design Modern Design is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
With GM's announcement today that it is ceasing operations in India, South Africa and East Africa, there's a good chance that the global rankings of automakers by size will look vastly different in 2018 than it has previously:

1) Nissan-Renault-Mitsubishi
2) Toyota
3) Volkswagen Group
4) Hyundai-Kia
5) General Motors
6) Ford Motor Co
7) FCA
8) PSA
9) Honda

There's also a chance PSA may pass FCA before the decade is out

Who would have expected any of this?
I sure saw this coming. I have been warning people on here for a very long time.

Quote:
Is the Automobile Industry in the Process of Collapsing?
http://carspyshots.net/showthread.ph...obile+industry
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-18-2017, 07:35 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Design View Post
I sure saw this coming. I have been warning people on here for a very long time.


http://carspyshots.net/showthread.ph...obile+industry
THOSE ARE NOT THE SAME F***ING THING!

You've also only been a member here for a little over a year. That's not a "very long time."
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-18-2017, 08:01 PM
Modern Design Modern Design is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
THOSE ARE NOT THE SAME F***ING THING!

You've also only been a member here for a little over a year. That's not a "very long time."
YES IT IS and it is only getting worse.

Ford Drops to 52-Week Low Despite Layoff Plans
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/for...ans-2017-05-18

I believe the layoffs will be much more than 1,400; brace yourself. I waited to post this information so people around here have a little time to brace themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-18-2017, 08:32 PM
pjl35's Avatar
pjl35 pjl35 is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,207
Default

Ford laying off employees and a corresponding stock price drop does not at all prove your assertion that the entire industry is collapsing. Just like none of your other posts or linked articles add up to that conclusion.

Talking to you is more pointless than trying to FaceTime someone in Airplane Mode with no WiFi.

Enjoy your tinfoil hat and your bunker.
__________________
"In three words, I can sum up everything I have learned about life; it goes on." -- Robert Frost

Last edited by pjl35; 05-18-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Modern Design Modern Design is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Ford laying off employees and a corresponding stock price drop does not at all prove your assertion that the entire industry is collapsing. Just like none of your other posts or linked articles add up to that conclusion.

Talking to you is more pointless than trying to FaceTime someone in Airplane Mode with no WiFi.

Enjoy your tinfoil hat and your bunker.
Do you really believe the majority of the recent automobile industry news is positive? You give me some auto industry news which points to positive gains in the auto industry instead of the decline in the auto industry I have been talking about.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-18-2017, 08:58 PM
Modern Design Modern Design is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
Ford laying off employees and a corresponding stock price drop does not at all prove your assertion that the entire industry is collapsing. Just like none of your other posts or linked articles add up to that conclusion.

Talking to you is more pointless than trying to FaceTime someone in Airplane Mode with no WiFi.

Enjoy your tinfoil hat and your bunker.
By the end of 2017, you will have changed your mind; hindsight is 20/20.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-19-2017, 04:03 AM
SV's Avatar
SV SV is offline
CSS Oldtimer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,031
Default

The auto industry appears to have topped out in the US for the time being, but that's a far cry from anything resembling collapse. If sales drop 40% again like they did in 2008-9, then maybe such talk will be warranted, but that doesn't appear to be what's happening. A flattening or slight decline in sales like the early 90s or 2000s looks more likely. That being said I don't know why you appear to want some sort of apocalypse to happen, whether in the auto industry or society at large.

As for GM, I think it's good that they're concerning themselves more with profitability than volume, but I wonder if dropping out of India will prove to be a missed opportunity in the long run.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-19-2017, 04:08 AM
Modern Design Modern Design is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
The auto industry appears to have topped out in the US for the time being, but that's a far cry from anything resembling collapse. If sales drop 40% again like they did in 2008-9, then maybe such talk will be warranted, but that doesn't appear to be what's happening. A flattening or slight decline in sales like the early 90s or 2000s looks more likely. That being said I don't know why you appear to want some sort of apocalypse to happen, whether in the auto industry or society at large.

As for GM, I think it's good that they're concerning themselves more with profitability than volume, but I wonder if dropping out of India will prove to be a missed opportunity in the long run.
What is happening right now will be much worse than 2008-9. There is no I can stop what is about to happen.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-19-2017, 05:05 AM
swizzle's Avatar
swizzle swizzle is offline
Raconteur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 24,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
...1) Nissan-Renault-Mitsubishi...There's also a chance PSA may pass FCA before the decade is out...Who would have expected any of this?
R-N-M = volume but total crap products, which will likely result in Mitsubishi getting axed as people decide they don't want cars that die at 75-100K miles.

FCA will be sold to the Chinese or Hyundai-Kia, but only Ram and Jeep will survive and the Italians will go home.

Anyone with common sense can see that brands will consolidate and or disappear.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Black Falcon Media Group Oy