Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2017, 04:26 PM
CSS Veteran

Default The New World Order

With GM's announcement today that it is ceasing operations in India, South Africa and East Africa, there's a good chance that the global rankings of automakers by size will look vastly different in 2018 than it has previously:

1) Nissan-Renault-Mitsubishi
2) Toyota
3) Volkswagen Group
4) Hyundai-Kia
5) General Motors
6) Ford Motor Co
7) FCA
8) PSA
9) Honda

There's also a chance PSA may pass FCA before the decade is out

Who would have expected any of this?
Old 05-18-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
With GM's announcement today that it is ceasing operations in India, South Africa and East Africa, there's a good chance that the global rankings of automakers by size will look vastly different in 2018 than it has previously:

1) Nissan-Renault-Mitsubishi
2) Toyota
3) Volkswagen Group
4) Hyundai-Kia
5) General Motors
6) Ford Motor Co
7) FCA
8) PSA
9) Honda

There's also a chance PSA may pass FCA before the decade is out

Who would have expected any of this?
I sure saw this coming. I have been warning people on here for a very long time.

Quote:
Is the Automobile Industry in the Process of Collapsing?
http://carspyshots.net/showthread.ph...obile+industry
Old 05-18-2017, 07:35 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern Design View Post
I sure saw this coming. I have been warning people on here for a very long time.

http://carspyshots.net/showthread.ph...obile+industry
THOSE ARE NOT THE SAME F***ING THING!

You've also only been a member here for a little over a year. That's not a "very long time."
Old 05-18-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjl35 View Post
THOSE ARE NOT THE SAME F***ING THING!

You've also only been a member here for a little over a year. That's not a "very long time."
YES IT IS and it is only getting worse.

Ford Drops to 52-Week Low Despite Layoff Plans
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/for...ans-2017-05-18

I believe the layoffs will be much more than 1,400; brace yourself. I waited to post this information so people around here have a little time to brace themselves.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:32 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Ford laying off employees and a corresponding stock price drop does not at all prove your assertion that the entire industry is collapsing. Just like none of your other posts or linked articles add up to that conclusion.

Talking to you is more pointless than trying to FaceTime someone in Airplane Mode with no WiFi.

Enjoy your tinfoil hat and your bunker.

Last edited by pjl35; 05-18-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Ford laying off employees and a corresponding stock price drop does not at all prove your assertion that the entire industry is collapsing. Just like none of your other posts or linked articles add up to that conclusion.

Talking to you is more pointless than trying to FaceTime someone in Airplane Mode with no WiFi.

Do you really believe the majority of the recent automobile industry news is positive? You give me some auto industry news which points to positive gains in the auto industry instead of the decline in the auto industry I have been talking about.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:

By the end of 2017, you will have changed your mind; hindsight is 20/20.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:03 AM
CSS Oldtimer

The auto industry appears to have topped out in the US for the time being, but that's a far cry from anything resembling collapse. If sales drop 40% again like they did in 2008-9, then maybe such talk will be warranted, but that doesn't appear to be what's happening. A flattening or slight decline in sales like the early 90s or 2000s looks more likely. That being said I don't know why you appear to want some sort of apocalypse to happen, whether in the auto industry or society at large.

As for GM, I think it's good that they're concerning themselves more with profitability than volume, but I wonder if dropping out of India will prove to be a missed opportunity in the long run.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV View Post
The auto industry appears to have topped out in the US for the time being, but that's a far cry from anything resembling collapse. If sales drop 40% again like they did in 2008-9, then maybe such talk will be warranted, but that doesn't appear to be what's happening. A flattening or slight decline in sales like the early 90s or 2000s looks more likely. That being said I don't know why you appear to want some sort of apocalypse to happen, whether in the auto industry or society at large.

As for GM, I think it's good that they're concerning themselves more with profitability than volume, but I wonder if dropping out of India will prove to be a missed opportunity in the long run.
What is happening right now will be much worse than 2008-9. There is no I can stop what is about to happen.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:05 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
...1) Nissan-Renault-Mitsubishi...There's also a chance PSA may pass FCA before the decade is out...Who would have expected any of this?
R-N-M = volume but total crap products, which will likely result in Mitsubishi getting axed as people decide they don't want cars that die at 75-100K miles.

FCA will be sold to the Chinese or Hyundai-Kia, but only Ram and Jeep will survive and the Italians will go home.

Anyone with common sense can see that brands will consolidate and or disappear.