Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2017, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member

They refreshed it again after 2 years and took 10 steps back in styling? Honda must not like sales from anything but name recognition.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:24 PM

I see so much of the Chevy Impala from the new Accord. Droopy lines all over the exterior completely lacking sense of "tension" in typical Honda designs. The front end design looks incomplete. Altogether it looks like a big boat.

Last edited by joyster; 07-15-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick78 View Post
I dont get these "looks like a hatchback but isn't" cars.
With interest in coupes waning, I think it's the automakers' way of giving coupe-like flair to sedans (and to hopefully attract some interest; I think their attitude is, "if you need to carry people and cargo in an upright box, get our SUV. Otherwise, buy the sedan.").
Old 07-16-2017, 02:00 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktyelor View Post
What is not to like about it? I mean, I guess I criticized it in my comment earlier, but I don't see anything poorly done about it. It's so much more cohesive and handsome than the outgoing model (not necessarily saying a lot as the 9th gen was handsome as is). Mercedes has been doing similar sculpting with their front end profiles and I think it's great. Long hood, upright grille. Looks sexy to me.

Also as someone else pointed out, it's not longer. It's shorter. The wheelbase is longer, but overall dimensions are shorter in addition to be lighter.
The front end just looks flat... like the face was smushed in. Also, I don't like the chrome treatment - I think the CRV did it best; here it just looks messy. Then the black area below the chrome just looks empty, like a piece was forgotten
Old 07-16-2017, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
The front end just looks flat... like the face was smushed in.
But, to be fair, don't a lot of cars looks like that nowadays b/c of pedestrian crash standards? I think some automakes (e.g., MB) had a pre-existing design language that suits itself well to these standards.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:52 AM
Raconteur

The shape isn't the issue so much as the ugly detailing that exaggerates the shape negatively.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:03 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
But, to be fair, don't a lot of cars looks like that nowadays b/c of pedestrian crash standards? I think some automakes (e.g., MB) had a pre-existing design language that suits itself well to these standards.
Maybe. I don't see the new Optima, Sonata, Mazda 6 having this issue... the Fusion does have (kind of) this - but looks Soooooooo much better.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:32 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
.... I think the overall shape is quite nice and reminiscent of the A6. I'm still not a fan of Honda's propensity for garish detailing (the odd kink the rear-quarter windows, the bizarro arm on the tailights)
Agree with all that. The shape is OK but the detailing lets the side down. And that face - it's a hideous mess.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn75 View Post
Agree with all that. The shape is OK but the detailing lets the side down. And that face - it's a hideous mess.
Having seen another relatively new Acura MDX just yesterday and being reminded of what Honda hath wrought in a really, REALLY bad way, I think the Accord is an improvement (althuogh I do agree that it isn't attractive). The Audi uni-grille was really shocking to me when it first came out. I still think the Lexus predator grille is horrid. I imagine the Accord's front end will grow on people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
Sonata
Haven't seen the facelifted Sonata in real life, but, in pics, I don't think it looks that much better. The other cars you mention, I agree look better.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:16 PM
CSS Oldtimer

The interior might just be best in class, but it's all for naught because of the really feminine exterior. I couldn't see myself in that car.