Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2016, 09:34 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Default 2017 Touox Activa

Aviva has had a name change, and all future Aviva models will be branded "Touox" as well as a new, more conservative styling language.

The Activa is a new sedan, sort of a long, more mechanically robust, more conservative, comfort-based Compact sedan. The Sedan is slightly bigger than cars like the Ford Focus, but not as big as the Mondeo/Fusion. It's a half step car, sort of the same size as the Hyundai Mistra.

In fact, this car goes against many Chinese models such as the Hyundai Mistra, Kia K4, VW Lavida, VW Bora and many others.

Certain markets will get a hatchback or wagon, but the sedan will be the leader in markets like China, Russia, and parts of Eastern and Western Europe. In places like the UK, this car will be primarily a fleet model, coming in one trim.

Power comes from a GDI 1.5L that produces around 135HP, and an upgraded 1.5L turbo that is closer to 165HP. Power goes to the front wheels via a CVT auto or a 6-speed manual. Certain markets will get a cheaper to make 1.8L (no GDI) engine that produces 142HP, mated to a a 6MT or 4-speed auto, again.

Sedan

Hatchback

Wagon

Also, included is the first use of the Touox-Aviva-Iagei AG FWD modular platform. all platforms have MacPhearson struts up front, and can handle either multilink, solid axle, or twist axle (torsion beam) rear suspensions. AWD is possible on this platform as well, and the chassis is primarily designed for C, D and E segments, although some pieces and design is shared with the smaller A and B segment cars.

The Activa uses a torsion-beam rear axle.

Comparison

-------------

Hey guys! I have a lot of 3D models I almost never show here. But I feel like at least putting one at a time here will renew this section? Hopefully? IDK.

The hatchback and wagon are are earlier save states of the mesh- the sedan is the most refined, technically. I have a few progress on the interior, but not a hell of a lot.

Enjoy! Comments and Critique welcome

This is an older mesh, one of the first I did. I'll show some later models with better mesh and reflections soon!

Last edited by 2o6; 01-16-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:35 PM
Raconteur

The treatment of the windshield is quite interesting (+). The face seems almost too big for the rest of the car and a little too discontinued Altima (-). It wouldn't be hard to fix (+). How about borrowing some of the flash of the Acura Precision Concept(+)? The sedan's shape overall is quite nice(+). I'd love to see a bit more visual spark with the tail lights(-). I'd do the A and B pillars black to create a full floating roof look(+). The DLO of the wagon is a huge no(-). Overall I don't love it, but I keep looking at it wishing I had the skills to tinker with it(+).
Old 01-25-2016, 01:23 PM
TheSwageLine

An exciting design in a segment of the market that's desperately lacking excitement.

I love the character lines on the side of the car.; they add style, without looking overly-fussy. Like swizzle says, the A-pillar design is very interesting, and the overall shape reminds me of how the 'cab-forward' Chryslers from the 90s could look in the present day.

The front end fits the 'comfort' and 'conservative' tags well, although I do think the grill is perhaps a bit too conservative and would like to have seen something a bit more forward-thinking in keeping with the rest of the design.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:58 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
The treatment of the windshield is quite interesting (+). The face seems almost too big for the rest of the car and a little too discontinued Altima (-). It wouldn't be hard to fix (+). How about borrowing some of the flash of the Acura Precision Concept(+)? The sedan's shape overall is quite nice(+). I'd love to see a bit more visual spark with the tail lights(-). I'd do the A and B pillars black to create a full floating roof look(+). The DLO of the wagon is a huge no(-). Overall I don't love it, but I keep looking at it wishing I had the skills to tinker with it(+).
Thanks! It's an old model, and I'm kinda done with tweaking the design aside from lighting and rendering. The dual a-pillar is a unique touch that I kinda fell in with after loads of tinkering.

@theswageline

Yeah, it's a little too conservative up front, but I didn't want to go too wild. I like to put more emphesis on the surfacing rather than the fascia.

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2016, 06:10 PM
CSS Oldtimer

So sad no other comments. I got a lot of stuff to release