Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
...I can't see how the Grand could grow to incorporate another row of seating and not look foolish...
The Durango can seat 7 and it manages to look quite attractive.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:45 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
The Durango can seat 7 and it manages to look quite attractive.
Good point.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:31 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Interesting perspective; I'd never thought of it that way. Technically the Compass, Cherokee and Grand Cherokee are all 5 seaters. The difference in space (for seating positions) between the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee are negligible at best.

Proportionately, I can't see how the Grand could grow to incorporate another row of seating and not look foolish; hopefully the Grand Wagoneer will take care of that.

I think there is a market for the current Compass; and I've seen a few on the road already - so suspect they have a winner on their hands. However the Renegade needs to be put out to pasture STAT.
"The Jeep Renegade is the most popular subcompact crossover vehicle for 2016. Jeep sold 106,606 Renegades in 2016, which was the highest subcompact crossover sales among its competitors, sales figures showed. The Jeep Renegade also sold the most in December with 12,045"

aka, its not going anywhere and just had another record month in September 2017.

Once the Patriot goes away, the lineup makes more sense except for the slightly overlap between Grand Cherokee and Cherokee, with the only differentiator being that the Grand Cherokee is more premium. They could probably be combined into one midsize model size wise although given both have strong sales, not sure why they would offer one compromised vehicle instead of two that cater to slightly different demographics.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:52 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
I agree. History will NOT see this Cherokee as a worthy continuation of the first Cherokee/Wagoneer or the XJ Cherokee. A more complete overhaul was needed. It's good enough...for now.
Probably not, but to be honest, it is still much better than the models in between these generations. The XJ Generation was much more car like than any Jeep before (or most 4x4 until then), so to me the "different to other Jeeps" approach of the currnet generation works. I also find it way more attractive in flesh, and sales figures don#t seem to be that bad IMO....
Old 10-20-2017, 12:52 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
"The Jeep Renegade is the most popular subcompact crossover vehicle for 2016. Jeep sold 106,606 Renegades in 2016, which was the highest subcompact crossover sales among its competitors, sales figures showed. The Jeep Renegade also sold the most in December with 12,045"

aka, its not going anywhere and just had another record month in September 2017.

Once the Patriot goes away, the lineup makes more sense except for the slightly overlap between Grand Cherokee and Cherokee, with the only differentiator being that the Grand Cherokee is more premium. They could probably be combined into one midsize model size wise although given both have strong sales, not sure why they would offer one compromised vehicle instead of two that cater to slightly different demographics.
I can't argue those numbers. You're right.

This to me shows that people are much more concerned about a name than a product/experience. The Renegade is one of the worst ranked cars in North America for quality / fuel consumption / etc. Unfortunately the numbers you'd quoted enables Sergio to keep releasing crappy products. Hopefully Compass proves me wrong.