Old 09-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Default 2011 Infiniti QX

Undisguised and inexcusable:
http://images.thecarconnection.com/m...00228419_m.jpg
http://images.thecarconnection.com/m...00228420_m.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Authority
Last December we brought you spy shots of the next-generation Nissan Patrol SUV, and now images of the 2011 Infiniti QX have emerged, revealing the next-gen luxury SUV to be based on the same platform. The images, captured at what appears to be an invitation-only event, reveal the SUV's large chrome grille and vaguely Kia Soul-like profile.

Earlier this year Nissan ceased production of the QX56 and the Nissan Armada on which it was based, leaving Nissan and Infiniti without a full-size SUV to take their places. As we pointed out last year, however, the next-gen foreign-market Nissan Patrol, is the most likely candidate for a replacement.

Comparing those spy photos to the newly-snapped 2011 Infiniti QX makes it clear that both vehicles wear the same underclothes, though the QX's new grille and headlight treatment definitely set it apart from its workaday cousin. Comparisons to the Nissan Cube and Kia Soul are also likely, as something about the vehicle's proportions remind the eye of those smaller crossover hatches as well, though that may come down to the odd angles and semi-fish-eye view of the 2011 QX in these grainy shots.

Our sources tell us that the 2011 Infiniti QX is intended as a Range Rover competitor, which could also put it on the same playing field as the Lexus LX10, both of which currently start about $20,000 higher than the phased-out QX56's $56,050 starting price. The entry-level Range Rover Sport, however, starts at just $60,000, leaving the door open for Infiniti to slip in just below Lexus's range-topping SUV.

It's not yet known what sort of power the QX will get, though a big, torquey V8 is almost a certainty given its place in the market. A 3.0-liter V-6 is also available from the Nissan-Renault alliance, and with the way fuel economy and emissions regulations are going, it could potentially see service in the U.S. as well, making the the QX a potential cross-shop to the Audi Q7 TDI.

With so many variables in the air as to configuration, target market segment, and equipment level, pricing of the 2011 Infiniti QX is anyone's guess, though it'll likely need to stick between the outgoing QX's $56,000 base price and the $80,000 range of the upper-end Lexus and Range Rovers SUVs.

The vehicle isn't expected to make its debut in Infiniti trim until sometime in 2010.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:56 PM
CSS Ford Psychopath

From the rear it looks like a Toyota SUV to me while the front reminds me of a very large truck

MAKE
MINE
FORD
Old 09-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member

Wow, that's terrible looking! The current QX56 is hardly pleasing to look at, but this is definitely a step in the wrong direction. In swizzle terminology: it's CrossTour/ZDX ugly. Just when I thought Infiniti was on a roll...
Old 09-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Administrator

the front is not that bad, the rear is another story
Old 09-11-2009, 12:31 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Did no one send Infiniti the memo about the collapsing market for large luxury SUVs?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:55 AM
CSS Oldtimer

how dumb can they be? this is dissapointing at the least. a larger 7-seat FX is 100% the direction they should've gone in. Range ROver competitor? not likely. just making the D pillar rounded would've helped dramatically instead of the slab ended garbage that has no connection to the current lineup.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:13 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Send a message via AIM to 63Bonneville

It definitely has the latest Infiniti design language, and I'm certain that it will be nice in person, with great form and curves to it versus the blocky, yet bold predecessor. I have a feeling that the footprint will be almost the same size, but the overall height may be lower, for a better center of gravity and a nicer stance, especially with the wheel-package shown. I looked up where the current Patrol is 5145mm in length, which equates to some 202" in over length, not too far off from the current QX, and being BOF with a third seat, I can see it as such, and the new-generation Patrol which it's based, is likely upsized from the predecessor.

One bit of confusion - there seems to be conflicting reports if there will or will not be a replacement/next-generation Nissan Armada, also being Patrol-based as is the next Infiniti QX. Some reports indicate that there will be a new Armada, some say there won't be, so does anyone know the answer of this?

It was definite, and, I believe, announced, regarding the QX returning.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:25 AM
CSS Oldtimer

If this is how Infinity sees their future designs, I am not holding my breath. Everything is bad except the wheels. That grill looks like made of plastic and just glued to the front.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:29 AM

The blacked out A pillars resemble the Kia Soul. The head and taillights both look very out of place.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:40 AM
Infiniti Supporter

Thumbs down

This could quite possibly be the most disgusting SUV I have ever seen.