Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 PM
CSS Oldtimer

If Toyota is vanilla, Honda used to be vanilla with chocolate chips. There was just something about its design that gave it character.

Problem is that Honda and Toyota got into a race to ugly, but Toyota pulled themselves back before too much damage was done.

I don't know if Ito is responsible for Crosstour/RDX/Element and the other zombie ugly cars in the Honda/Acura line up. But he is responsible for keeping them there. Since he is already on the record saying the Crosstour is a beautiful car, its obvious his view of beauty is seriously compromised.

Ito's tenure could be short unless the product deficiencies are addressed within a year or at most two.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Raconteur

Hondas used to be wildly popular with import tuner boys and to some degree that has cooled. The beginning of the decline happened when some idiot decided "Vigor" was a great name for an Acura. The Legend and Integra were selling nicely with the latter a prized model for tuning. Then the crappy Vigor didn't sell, so someone decided to name the next one the TL---and boy was that car a yawn! The well-known "Legend" name was replaced by the DUMB and boring RL and that has never been rectified. The Integra became the RSX but a significant price increase came with it and Acura actively distanced itself from import tuners. DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Honda has been making bad decisions for about two decades and the level of bad got worse and worse.

I'd revive the Legend and the Integra. I'd turn over the styling to a design house. I'd also drop the "SH-AWD" name. You shouldn't have to tell people your AWD package is "super handling" for one thing and for two it sounds like someone one would hear on Wayne's World.

"I was like shawd!

I'd love to see BMW get its hands on Honda and right the ship.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:27 AM
CSS Veteran

That would be nice to see BMW and Honda. I am sure BMW and Honda could do some amazing things together.

I do think the current Civic Si should have a 2.0 engine instead of the TSX based K24. IL(X) will have a K24 engine with a 6MT, which I think is better for that car instead of the Si.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 AM
Raconteur

The ILX is an idiot move for Acura
Old 01-04-2012, 03:36 PM

I've felt BMW and Honda would be a great fit for years, but I suspect the whole Rover thing led to too much bad blood. And while the engineering would be a fit, I can't see how the management teams could be assimilated.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:21 AM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl500 View Post
I've felt BMW and Honda would be a great fit for years, but I suspect the whole Rover thing led to too much bad blood. And while the engineering would be a fit, I can't see how the management teams could be assimilated.
Honda has no management hence its mess therefore BMW would need to save the day.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
Honda has no management hence its mess therefore BMW would need to save the day.
So true. Honda could move most of its cars onto the new FWD platform, They love hybrid tech and would get the great engines.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_128 View Post
So true. Honda could move most of its cars onto the new FWD platform, They love hybrid tech and would get the great engines.
Such a union would be brilliant. Honda would be mainstream. Mini would be even more profitable given it would likely use a Honda platform. Acura could become an all-hybrid, near-premium brand below BMW. The engine synergies alone should get these two talking. The reality is that NEITHER of them were able to revive the "English patient" and BOTH lost Land Rover.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:30 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl500 View Post
I agree and have said the same thing on this forum before.

Honda will be FWD except for CRV/Pilot which will be simple AWDsystems.

Acura FWD and AWD via Hybrid drive systems. Its a Japanese thing, Toyota is going to do the same with Lexus.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:25 AM
CSS Veteran

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1023953

I think the new Accord will do great if Honda does not mess it up :).