Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:

There are users
currently browsing forums.
  FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2017, 06:01 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Funny how they camoed the kidneys, the side crests and the rear lights...only.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
probably why they put a BMW logo on the C pillar. hopefully that doesn't make it to production.
I have a feeling that the C-pillar BMW badge is very definitely going to make production. If you remove it, there's nothing to tell you that this is a BMW product. It could be anything from a Renault to a Kia, by way of Suzuki or Fiat. It's really quite bland and forgettable.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMGMan View Post
I have a feeling that the C-pillar BMW badge is very definitely going to make production. If you remove it, there's nothing to tell you that this is a BMW product. It could be anything from a Renault to a Kia, by way of Suzuki or Fiat. It's really quite bland and forgettable.
I think you can see its outline in the "camoed" shots already...
Old 10-10-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I have a feeling that the C-pillar BMW badge is very definitely going to make production. If you remove it, there's nothing to tell you that this is a BMW product.
This. I'm the sure the car will be perfectly respectable, but everyone's making perfectly respectable cars nowadays. The only selling point this car has is the BMW name, and, since it has virtually no BMW styling cues, ya better plaster that roundel everywhere.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:17 AM
Raconteur

Not terrible, but not premium looking either. It's a bit tame. I like it, but I was hoping for a bit more style somehow.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:26 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
This. I'm the sure the car will be perfectly respectable, but everyone's making perfectly respectable cars nowadays. The only selling point this car has is the BMW name, and, since it has virtually no BMW styling cues, ya better plaster that roundel everywhere.
respectable...yes. fun to drive...not so much. in this segment only the CX-3 comes to mind as far as non-premium brands or maybe the Infiniti QX30, although I've never driven the latter.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedG35 View Post
fun to drive...
But will the X2 be fun to drive? Of BMW's current cars, only the 2-series gets praised for being enjoyable. We'll see how the X2 turns out....
Old 10-11-2017, 07:56 AM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Indeed, that looks rather like a production detail. Also, why would they use a (correct) badge as camo?

Actually the more I look at the car, the more I see Hyundai Tucson. Which is a good looking CUV. But certainly not a BMW....
Old 10-11-2017, 12:49 PM

The badge is enough to sell it.

The question is for how long?

BMW is riding on the old glory chasing profits - this will be an OK car , but it doesn't have any standout features that make it a BMW, it doesn't even look like one.

If you slap a KIA grill and badge on this thing nobody would ever guess it was made by BMW.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:12 PM
CSS Oldtimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidgarliclover View Post
But will the X2 be fun to drive? Of BMW's current cars, only the 2-series gets praised for being enjoyable. We'll see how the X2 turns out....
I think it's all relative. They say an M3 isn't what it used to be but the reality is even a base 3 series handles way better than most other brands. Is it has hard core and sporty as it once was, maybe not, but there's a lot of grey area where BMW handling and drive still comes out on top for me.